Baby Packing List?

sabbie

They do supply cribs (at least I know on Carnival) but if you would rather use your own then you can bring the pack n play

We used the crib on the carnival last time and he was fine sleeping in it... so we will do the same this time.

Do you know if my standard crib sheets will work on the Carnival Miracle's cribs?

• 1 month later...

This is an extremely useful thread! Thanks!

All this talk about the crib is making me wonder about the dining room.....do they have high chairs? If so - what kind are they?

Thank you!

This is a great thread! Thanks for all the great advise.

You have made my mind up now. I am definitely taking my Phil and Teds porta cot now. Check out http://www.philandteds.com/nz/traveller_07_1.htm

My first daughter fell out of 2 cribs that were provided in hotels- mesh broke and caved in and another time she stood up and the crib side fell apart and she fell out. Phil and Teds cribs fold up like a tent and only weigh 6lbs. Highly recommend them to frequent travellers.

Thanks for the packing list ideas too. I have now added a lot of handy hints to my list. This is our first cruise so we are very excited and appreciate sites like this. Thanks!

The cribs on the Carnival Glory were the size of a portable crib, sheets are smaller than a standerd crib. We used the sheets provided by carnival, and they worked okay - they folded a normal sheet around the mattress so there was bunching in the middle. Your own sheet may work better. Our DS was 11 months when we traveled - He's 32 inches long and fit in the crib very well.

Just back from the NCL Spirit - we were given a pack 'n play for our 2 year old son. It was in pretty good condition - just noticed one small hole in the mesh.

Happy Cruising !

We will be on the NCL Gem with our 23+ mo. Granddaughter. Did you ask for the pack'n play when you booked or waited until you got on the ship? I'm not sure if we'll need one but it would be good to know. My daugher has an inside cabin. I'm not sure if there is room for one. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks, Diane

We will be on the NCL Gem with our 23+ mo. Granddaughter. Did you ask for the pack'n play when you booked or waited until you got on the ship? I'm not sure if we'll need one but it would be good to know. My daugher has an inside cabin. I'm not sure if there is room for one. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks, Diane

For our NCL Pearl cruise, our travel agent put in a request for ours when we booked the cabin. I haven't seen an inside cabin on NCL, but my guess is that it will be very tight with the pack'n'play in there.

NCL has pack n play's. On our last cruise (RCCL Mariner) we moved the love seat against our bed for our 2 year old. It worked out great! It was a few inches lower than the bed and just the right size!!!!

Anytime I go away I bring sanitizing wipes with me to give everything a once over. I have seen some scary stories about hotels!!!

If you are still using formula, my DD packed it in every suitcase just in case one got lost she still had some. Not the time to start a kid on new food. She also found nice smelling baggies to put the diapers in so that there was no smell - I think at BabiesRUs. Bring your own sheet, on Princess they use a regular sized one. If there is a food item your child loves, bring it. We were in New Zealand when my 3YO GS wanted root beer and peanut butter. Yikes, no root beer to be found on land and finally got peanut butter in Sydney. They had some on board, but only the first day.

• 3 weeks later...
This is an extremely useful thread! Thanks!

All this talk about the crib is making me wonder about the dining room.....do they have high chairs? If so - what kind are they?

Thank you!

On Royal Caribbean, we have a high chair "reserved". I don't know anything else other than that. I'll let you know how it all goes; we leave for Miami in a week!

• 1 month later...

Archived