Cruise Price Increased

We have a D2 booked in August, and I just noticed that the price increased by $200/person. We aren't paid in full yet, and I can't get to the RCI website from work. Will they make us pay the additional cost?

Whatever the price was at the time you booked is the cost you will pay, unless the cost goes down. Then you should contact whoever you booked with and request the lower price. Enjoy your cruise :)

No. You are locked in at the price you booked. If the price goes down however and you call they will credit you the difference (if the new price is not for new bookings only).

ETA: Looks like there were 3 of us all typing at the same time. :D

Not only have the prices risen, cabins are selling out! So, that would make it almost impossible that the prices will drop -- no availablilty, no need to reduce prices.

MARAPRINCE

Just because staterooms aren't available now doesn't mean they won't become available after final payment. That's when prices usually drop.

Ours has gone up $350pp for a D2 category since we booked and it now only shows 2 left. The D1 has gone up another $200pp since yesterday, making it only a $50 difference between that and the JS and there are only 4 D1's left.

I don't think there is much hope for a price drop on the balconies, but will the JS's (or even GS's) drop? I wouldn't mind a free or very affordable upgrade :D

Splendour 11/22/08 out of Venice.

I have yet to have the good fortune of a price drop.

We got such a great price on our May cruise and our Nov cruise is over a holiday that I will probably see the upgrade fairy :rolleyes: before we see a price decrease. Right now the system is showing one category I stateroom available.

I was on your cruise and had to change and now am on the 9/14 sailing. I just checked my sailing and it has gone up $100.00 pp.

We have a D2 booked in August, and I just noticed that the price increased by $200/person. We aren't paid in full yet, and I can't get to the RCI website from work. Will they make us pay the additional cost?

I've had price drops on a couple cruises.

I've also seen the price go up more than $1000PP on the catagory I reserved the day the bookings opened. The price came back down after final payment, but was still more than I paid.

As others already said, you're totally protected at the rate you booked.

Keep an eye for rate drops! ;)

I just booked our pre hotel in SD. I am dealing with a group, we have 4 cabins, need four rooms for the pre hotel. That was Wed.....today the rate I saw on Wed was gone and the new best rate was almost a hundred dollars higher......snooze you lose!!! I am so mad! :mad: :mad: And I know better!!!!! :D

Our TA notified us that since we booked the per person price on our July sailing has risen over $600 each and asked if it made us feel good that we received the lower pricing.

On our November cruise, most of the categories are sold out.

So unless there are hugh cancellations resulting in an over abundance of cabins on either of my sailings, not only will prices not drop, there will also be no change to upgrade to a higher category of cabin.

Pricing for 2009 is higher than 2008. It would take a lot to see prices coming down -- meaning a lower rate of bookings or more cancellations.

Cruise lines are counting on European bookings being higher than domestic ones. Marketing is being done to attract the Europeans to book cruises. Countries in Europe are close by and residents are used to driving from country to another country and staying in hotels making cruising a new way of vacationing. P & O is following Disney in bringing childhood British characters on board so passengers can enjoy tea with them and take photos with them. As long as the Euro is stronger than the US dollar and bookings do not drop, cruise prices will remain high.

MARAPRINCE

We had our July cruise booked for almost 1 yr, and they tried to charge us an extra $440 on our final billing. My husband called some new person did not know what they were doing. Hope you have a copy of your original bill, we did. And they removed it. We booked on line directly with RCCL.

For our next cruise in Feb on Explorer the JS are currently sold out as are all the balcony cabins. A few days ago a JA must have been released. So being me I looked at the pricing...almost $1800 more than what DW and I have ours for...am so very thankful we booked when we did :D

Warren and Yvonne

Archived