Just returned CCL wedding

My best friend was just married on the Carnival Spirit.

We had been planning this ceremony for 17 months with the help of Jenny at CCL wedding dept.

There were 48 sailing and 56 non sailing guests that attended the wedding prior to sail away in San Diego.

I had the opportunity to work with Jenny in the CCL wedding dept on behalf of the bride. I have experience as a group leader on 14 sailing so many times dealt with coordinators and know a good one from a bad one.

Jenny is excellent to work with so for those that get her assigned to you, it will be a wonderful experience..Even when the contract was turned over to the local Wedding Experience, things went well. The San Diego crew did a great job at the terminal making sure the sailing and non sailing guests knew what to expect.

This wedding and reception surpassed even my expectations. Everything from the huge amounts of food and drink, one of the most tasty cakes, beautiful set up including a ice sculpture of swans that formed a heart. Just perfect..

Hope this will help any of you CCL brides be comforted with your plans.

Any questions feel free to ask.

My best friend was just married on the Carnival Spirit.

We had been planning this ceremony for 17 months with the help of Jenny at CCL wedding dept.

There were 48 sailing and 56 non sailing guests that attended the wedding prior to sail away in San Diego.

I had the opportunity to work with Jenny in the CCL wedding dept on behalf of the bride. I have experience as a group leader on 14 sailing so many times dealt with coordinators and know a good one from a bad one.

Jenny is excellent to work with so for those that get her assigned to you, it will be a wonderful experience..Even when the contract was turned over to the local Wedding Experience, things went well. The San Diego crew did a great job at the terminal making sure the sailing and non sailing guests knew what to expect.

This wedding and reception surpassed even my expectations. Everything from the huge amounts of food and drink, one of the most tasty cakes, beautiful set up including a ice sculpture of swans that formed a heart. Just perfect..

Hope this will help any of you CCL brides be comforted with your plans.

Any questions feel free to ask.

I thought only 50 non-sailing guest were allowed?

Did that become a rule after your booking?

She had to pay the per person fee. Also it made the count over the 100, she also had to pay the additional set up charge as well..Think that was $100 for each 50 guests.

Great..thanks for the info. Maybe I can squeeze some extra guest on mine as well. I've tried to hint at it before...and got a firm answer that the max was 50. Maybe if I throw a small number at them...I can do it.

Think it just depends on your coordinator. I do thing a few (under 10) extra wouldn't be a problem. This bride had no family that could afford to sail with us but the grooms entire family was. Maybe a sympathy factor there.

When is your wedding, what ship & who is your coordinator?? Judy maybe???

Think it just depends on your coordinator. I do thing a few (under 10) extra wouldn't be a problem. This bride had no family that could afford to sail with us but the grooms entire family was. Maybe a sympathy factor there.

When is your wedding, what ship & who is your coordinator?? Judy maybe???

October 18 of this year on the Fantasy...and yes...Judy.

My biggest issue was co-workers of both mine and my fiance's. I am not the one to pick & choose through out a crowd so wanted to invite everyone, (secretly hoping not that many would show up.haha). My fiance's company isn't that big of an issue. He isn't really close to alot as it is a big company. However I work for a smaller company, 31 employees. We are like a small family. I just don't want to push freinds and family aside for co-workers. It kind of has me in a pickle.

Archived