Alaska - 'Cruisetours' -- 2009

willbrook

I've been comparing prices for an Alaskan 'cruisetour' during the Aug/Sept 2009 timeframe with one particular cruise line. The various websites I've checked vary surprisingly little in price. Am I shopping too early, or is the demand so great for Alaskan 'cruisetours' that providers can afford to keep their prices more or less uniform for the same product?. Thanks for any feedback. Dick

I am also planning cruise tour (southbound) for early Aug. 2009.

Celebrity and Princess have released their dates and prices for cruise tours.

I am waiting for Holland America to release their prices. HAL told me that

prices should be available first of May. I have found that one cruise is alittle more over the other for an 11 day package. One goes to Glacier Bay and the other Hubbard. As soon as HAL releases prices, I will decide.

I didn't find much variance in pricing on the cruisetours, as with just the cruise. With fuel prices so high, I think the prices are going to stay up there. Did Inside Passage with HAL in '99, so this time wanted to see more of Interior Alaska. I did HAL cruisetour # 1, Yukon Wilderness in Aug '07. It was a fantastic trip. We covered over 1800 miles of the Yukon and Interior Alaska.

Not sure which one you are looking at, but HAL does a superior job, and even with 40 people on the bus, we didn't seem to have to wait too long for everyone to get back on the bus. If you have done bus tours before, you know the routine. I love bus tours, just tell me when and where to be, then I sit back and enjoy the scenery without having to worry about driving, traffic, directions, or just knowing what's in the area to see.

Have fun planning, then taking your cruisetour.

Archived