What do they serve at the tea party?

Rhongepooh

Is there an minimum age limit for participation in the afternoon tea? We will be traveling with our (then) 6, 7 and 14 year old daughters. The two younger ones won't drink tea, but would love the idea of going to a "tea party," and the oldest one would enjoy sampling things, but would most certainly moan and groan if she was the only kid in the room.

Great pics. Tea time is a nice little get away from the rest of the world. I hope they continue the tradition. I missed it on our Destiny cruise and was afraid they'd discontinued it, then remembered we had no Sea Days.

It's also a great alternative to the Hairy Chest Contest. :)

Is there an minimum age limit for participation in the afternoon tea? We will be traveling with our (then) 6, 7 and 14 year old daughters. The two younger ones won't drink tea, but would love the idea of going to a "tea party," and the oldest one would enjoy sampling things, but would most certainly moan and groan if she was the only kid in the room.

There's no minimum age listed anywhere. However, you may wish to check to see if your young ones would desire to maintain the 'atmosphere' of Afternoon Tea...a very quiet, mellow one. They may find the more lively areas of the ship to be preferable place to the library-like atmosphere of Afternoon Tea :)

Cindy

Great pics. Tea time is a nice little get away from the rest of the world. I hope they continue the tradition. I missed it on our Destiny cruise and was afraid they'd discontinued it, then remembered we had no Sea Days.

Does that mean no tea on the destiny??? I read this thread and got real excited!!

I love tea time. I happened to be going into the internet cafe on the Fascination and passed through the cigar bar where tea time was being held. I was with my 13 years old DS so he wasn't thrilled to stop for tea time but he had fun after retelling the story of it. The lemon scones are the best.

Some were dressed for tea (sundresses and the like) but most were in their normal cruise wear.

Tea Time, as I mentioned, is a very enjoyable part of my cruises. As for attire, I usually have shorts on around that time of the aftn., and many others do as well. The first time, I felt odd in shorts at a 'formal tea setting', but I got over it!:D

Little ones should enjoy it, if they want to go. It's a good learning tool, for later in life.

As for missing the times, what I always do is take a marker and go through my Capers every evening for the next day's activities.

Archived