which cruise line to Italy?

The question is very subjective.

The best for me may not be the best for you:)

Choose an itinerary that suits you, the ports you want to see the most & time frame you have.

Cost may be a factor in your decision

If you like big ships or small ships that will affect your choices

Oceania and Amazara offer nice itineraries. If you don't need much in the way of shipboard activities- then I can tell you Oceania is a lovely line. They have the best cruise food I have ever had. You dress "country club" casual- which means basically- shirts with collars for men and pant suits with lots of jewelry for women. You eat when and where you want (four restaurants are available). Nice padded chairs by the pool- which was very nice. A lovely afternoon tea each day in the crowsnest bar with a three peice orchestra, white gloves- great food and desserts- yum! That for me was the best part. Really lovely. Spa onboard is ok but the free steam room in the ladies locker room is lovely. For a port intensive itinerary- I'd go Oceania. Smaller ships that visit more interesting ports.

I guess the more accurate question would be which cruiseline offers the most ports in Italy in their itinerary? We have been looking and see so many itineraries with 2-3 ports in Italy, a few in Greece, a few in Turkey, Croatia, Isreal etc... We think that's to much.

You are correct. They are called Med cruises, not Italy cruises. I thought I remembered more, but upon looking again, most do include other ports.

This HAL itinerary does a few ports in Italy but also Greece as well as Croatia & Spain. I just don't see anything that does Italy only.

Ship Name: blank.gif

Zuiderdam - Customer Favorite!blank.gifblank.gifSailing Date(s): September 29, 2008blank.gifPorts of Call: Departs From Venice, Italy visiting Dubrovnik, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Argostolion, Greece; Santorini, Greece; Catania, Sicily; Naples, Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy; Barcelona, Spain

Don't give up, just keep looking. There has to be something to satisfy your wants. On the other hand after paying all that money for airfare, why not see more of the Med and get the most bang for your bucks?

I agree with Rebeca ...Oceania has the best afternoon tea in Horizons:)

Oceania has cruises that do Venice to Rome with stops in Dubrovnik & greece but most ports are in Italy

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=50db7c06-3af7-4767-88f2-b9356503e9a7&CruiseUID=0cec80bd-c46b-4557-b6c9-8a89d1be14f8

MSC or Costa would be another option

Which cruise line is very subjective, look for things like Rome to Venice or Venice to Rome, you will likely get more Italy ports in those. We're doing a 12 day Venice to Rome on Oceania next May and have 8 Italy ports, Dubrovnik, Montenegro, Corfu and Monte Carlo as well. Very port intensive, but a lot of the stops are nice wander around places for us as we've been to a few of them before.

Archived