Flowers for the Cabin--Help Please

AFAMILY

I wanted to order some flowers through NCL for my wife for the cabin. I see on the NCL site 3 available arrangements other than roses. Harmony, Springtime, or Tropical Delight. Does anyone have pictures of any or all of these arrangements? It would be very much appreciated if you do. Thank you.

Happy Cruising! :)

Here's a pic of the SPRINGTIME flowers we got for both cabins on the SUN a couple weeks ago.

It was a great display, and looked as fresh on day 7 as they did when they were delivered on day 1!

My Mother was trying to figure out a way to get them home on the plane! HAHA!

Nice way to brighten up a room!

P.S. Also shown is the cake that we got with the "BON VOYAGE Package, and the booze we pre-ordered. All were in the room when we got there!

NCLSUNCRUISE3-29-08021.jpg

Thank you NEW 2 CRUISIN. That really is a nice arrangement and it's nice to know they were fresh enough to last the week. My wife will certainly want to take them home too. Fortunately we live just 20 minutes from the pier.

Thanks again and Happy Cruising! :)

Flowers are very subjective. Those in the picture would not appeal to me at all. I would ask my wife what she would like to have in a home garden, just to get an idea. I love "white" flowers for instance. Jasmine, gardenia, magnolia; a single white rose would melt my heart! It all depends on the woman. I've always wished that I lived somewhere that I could have lilacs. And peonies.

To hell with the flowers! Just give me the bottles and you'll have a happy sailor for the week:p

You may be right SakeDad about keeping a tropical theme. We're in a mini-suite so we will have a view but flowers are always a nice touch as well. And my wife is a gardening nut so she'll appreciate having them in the cabin.

I was sort of leaning toward the cake for myself! :)

Thanks for the advise.

Happy Cruising!

flowers are always a nice touch as well. And my wife is a gardening nut so she'll appreciate having them in the cabin.

I was sort of leaning toward the cake for myself! :)

AGREED! Fresh flowers are a great touch in a tiny cabin!

We got the Spring ones because...well...it's SPRING! :p

I highly recommend getting the "BON VOYAGE" package, top get the cake, too! It was very good, and lasted us most of the week too! We got some plastic wraps from the kitchen crew and kept it wrapped up. Nice to snack on at night or between meals! Plates and utensils are always available in the buffet areas.

The "Captain's Choice" selection on the Gift Order form got us a nice fruit basket and a bottle of wine.

All were well worth the money!

HAVE FUN!

:)

I would have loved to have flowers in our cabin when we sail on the Sun 9/21/08 from San Francisco. Unfortunately they aren't available. I wonder why, do they think there aren't any flowers in San Francisco?! :-)

I took the quote below direct from NCL's site. You're right. Why ANY port of embarkation is excluded is beyond me. Maybe one of the more experienced posters here would know the answer to that question.

Enjoy your cruise in September.

"Flowers are available only on cruises departing from Miami, San Juan, Boston, New York, Seattle, Vancouver, and Honolulu."

AGREED! Fresh flowers are a great touch in a tiny cabin!

We got the Spring ones because...well...it's SPRING! :p

I highly recommend getting the "BON VOYAGE" package, top get the cake, too! It was very good, and lasted us most of the week too! We got some plastic wraps from the kitchen crew and kept it wrapped up. Nice to snack on at night or between meals! Plates and utensils are always available in the buffet areas.

The "Captain's Choice" selection on the Gift Order form got us a nice fruit basket and a bottle of wine.

All were well worth the money!

HAVE FUN!

:)

I may wind up getting the Bon Voyage package too. I love a nice piece of cake at the end of the day. I was also looking at the Captains choice but the new 2.0 says you get a "Customized Fruit Menu". I'm not sure what that really is and I'm also not sure that 2.0 will be in place on the Dawn for 5/18, although we hope it is.

Thanks again for the helpful advise.

Just wanted to add that a lot of people order the Anniversary package also. Whether it's anniversary or not, it's a good deal. Wine and strawberries in room, Canapes one evening, Champagne and cake party and photo, and what makes it so worth it is the dinner for 2 in Le Bistro with a bottle of wine. So it's a good deal with 2 bottles of wine and a nice dinner for $79.00.:)

I took the quote below direct from NCL's site. You're right. Why ANY port of embarkation is excluded is beyond me. Maybe one of the more experienced posters here would know the answer to that question.

Enjoy your cruise in September.

"Flowers are available only on cruises departing from Miami, San Juan, Boston, New York, Seattle, Vancouver, and Honolulu."

I am guessing that it might have something to do with maybe not being able to meet the demand on a consitant basis.

Just wanted to add that a lot of people order the Anniversary package also. Whether it's anniversary or not, it's a good deal. Wine and strawberries in room, Canapes one evening, Champagne and cake party and photo, and what makes it so worth it is the dinner for 2 in Le Bistro with a bottle of wine. So it's a good deal with 2 bottles of wine and a nice dinner for $79.00.:)

You're right, it does seem like a good deal considering we were planning on doing a few of the items included in this package anyway, especially Le Bistro.

Thanks for the advise BeachBumMama.

You're right, it does seem like a good deal considering we were planning on doing a few of the items included in this package anyway, especially Le Bistro.

Thanks for the advise BeachBumMama.

Also, when you get the package you have a GUARANTEED RESERVATION in Le Bistro and don't have to worry about it, you just take the letter to the Maitre'd and it's all set.

I would have loved to have flowers in our cabin when we sail on the Sun 9/21/08 from San Francisco. Unfortunately they aren't available. I wonder why, do they think there aren't any flowers in San Francisco?! :-)

Why not do what we did? We took our flowers on with us!:D We were in Seattle and had been to Pike Place Market so we had the flowers and the steward got a vase for us. It's always an option.

It very well may be because they don't have ships there full time and haven't contracted with any local companies. It also may have something to do with local agricultural laws. California is very strict about the transport of most plants (even county to county in some cases), and many states are strict about what can be imported. Before you try to bring flowers onboard that you've bought on land, be sure that there are no restrictions based on the ports your ship is visiting.

beachchick

We live in Canada and we sailed out of New York in March my husband ordered two dozen roses from http://www.online-flowerdelivery.com that were delivered to our hotel where we stayed the night before our cruise. They came in a sturdy box that included the vase. I enjoyed them that evening and popped them back in the box in the morning and we carried them on the ship with us. I found them quite beautiful (picture attached was taken in our stateroom) and $60 for two dozen lovely roses is also a great deal.

WinterSky

IMG_0049.jpg.00adc730df149d431b59a043f9900676.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg.22ecb66568b41dcefc61b34473f5c908.jpg

We live in Canada and we sailed out of New York in March my husband ordered two dozen roses from www.online-flowerdelivery.com that were delivered to our hotel where we stayed the night before our cruise. They came in a sturdy box that included the vase. I enjoyed them that evening and popped them back in the box in the morning and we carried them on the ship with us. I found them quite beautiful (picture attached was taken in our stateroom) and $60 for two dozen lovely roses is also a great deal.

WinterSky

Thanks for posting the pictures WinterSky. Your roses were certainly beautiful. I'm planning on the flowers as being a surprise so I'll need to order through NCL to have them delivered to the cabin before we arrive.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Happy Cruising! :)

Archived