Soda on Princess?

monkeyrouge

Ok I have read about people on different cruise lines paying 2.00 for a soda or buying soda cards. My MIL who is taking care of booking the cruise we are going on insists that soda is free. We are staying the the high end balcony suites if that makes a difference (my DH thinks it does). Soooooooo who is right? MIL, me (I think you have to pay), or DH (who thinks those paying more get more perks like free soda)?

I think (but not sure) that you may get one free mini-bar set up in a full suite on Princess. I know you do if you are elite in any category, but you may get the perk in a full suite as well. That being said, even IF that is the case, it will only be what they set up in your suite the first time, it does not cover any refills on the mini-bar nor does it cover any soda that you get around the ship. We bought soda cards which cost about $2.75+ tip/per day of cruise/per person which was good for unlimited fountain drinks for the duration of the cruise. If you drink more than 2 glasses of soda a day, it is worth it.

Princess does not offer free soda. If you have a full size suit (a mini suite or balcony stateroom does not count) you will get a six pack for free of regular coke. The lower category rooms will have a six pack of coke but if you drink it, you will be billed. The soda card is not to be shared as it is assigned to a the person's boarding pass who purchases the little sticker.

Ok I have read about people on different cruise lines paying 2.00 for a soda or buying soda cards. My MIL who is taking care of booking the cruise we are going on insists that soda is free. We are staying the the high end balcony suites if that makes a difference (my DH thinks it does). Soooooooo who is right? MIL, me (I think you have to pay), or DH (who thinks those paying more get more perks like free soda)?

Lots of experience with suites on Princess.

First off - no free soda, no matter what cabin or level you have. Coffee, tea and juice in the morning is free. You can also get free juice at the buffet. so, congrats you have bragging rights about being right.

You get one free mini-bar set up. You can go onto the personalizer and pick the sodas you want - we prefer tonic water and Sprite, so we get a six can set up of that. We then tell our steward to just replace what we use and charge the account. This includes bottled water, which also costs.

Charlie

Archived