Carnival Legend obstructed view balconys

mark&christa

The reason for the obstructed view is the lifeboats.

Depending on where your cabin is located in relation to the lifeboats, you are either looking straight through the lifeboat windows; or, your cabin might be in the middle of two lifeboats affording you a better view.

If you are getting the guaranteed balcony then you are not able to pick your cabin.

Our first cruise was on a balcony with an obstructed view. We were pretty much staring right at a lifeboat. It was still nice to have the added space of the balcony and the fresh air at night. Also, I love the sounds of the ship going through the water at night.

There is also a 5a category that may be cheaper. A 5a is a cabin that has french doors that open into the room. There is no balcony but a railing that blocks you from falling out. It's nice to have the open doors to the sounds and smells of the ocean.

Honestly, I've since booked either 5a's or Ocean Views. We just aren't in the cabin that much to use the balcony. It saves us some money and that's always good. Especially since I'm addicted and just booked another cruise!

Some of the obstructed balconies are better than others, the ones behind the first 3 lifeboats forward, have the most obstruction (lifeboat comes above your rail), then the ones past that heading aft are less obstructed, you will be able to look over the lifeboat, the ones not behind the cranes are the best.

7A_OBS_OUT.jpg

MAC

You will not get an obstructed view with a balcony guarantee. With this guarantee you will get a category 8A or higher. These are non-obstructed views.

by reading the cabin selection tips board you will see that it IS possbile to get an obstructed view balcony by taking on a BAL Guarantee. I have only read it once it is rare but it does happen.

by reading the cabin selection tips board you will see that it IS possbile to get an obstructed view balcony by taking on a BAL Guarantee. I have only read it once it is rare but it does happen.

I just recently booked my balcony on Legend and booked a guarantee 8A and was told by the PVP that I would definitely NOT have an obstructed view balcony with an 8A guarantee so I guess it depends on what type of guarantee you book. Got an upgrade to an extended balcony so it was a nice deal!!! :D

I just recently booked my balcony on Legend and booked a guarantee 8A and was told by the PVP that I would definitely NOT have an obstructed view balcony with an 8A guarantee so I guess it depends on what type of guarantee you book. Got an upgrade to an extended balcony so it was a nice deal!!! :D

Correct-- you needed to book a Cat 8A guarantee and not the BL GTY

thats the difference and there is a price difference between the two.

(usually)

Archived