Fantasy in winter...

cltcruiser

We just got off of the Fantasy a week or so ago, and we are wanting to go again...probably in January next year.

My question is this...how is the weather throughout the Fantasy itinerary in January? I am sure it will be chilly in NO, but I don't want to take the kids on a cruise where they can't swim most of the time. I know it will probably be pretty warm on the Yucatan itself, but how about sea days and what not. Thanks so much!

We just got off of the Fantasy a week or so ago, and we are wanting to go again...probably in January next year.

My question is this...how is the weather throughout the Fantasy itinerary in January? I am sure it will be chilly in NO, but I don't want to take the kids on a cruise where they can't swim most of the time. I know it will probably be pretty warm on the Yucatan itself, but how about sea days and what not. Thanks so much!

Let's see .... I cruised on the Fantasy in February and December. Never in January. But, considering February is as cold as January, I would say that unless you get a strong cold front that comes through, then your kids will be able to begin there swim in the pools the morning after sail away.

Thanks! That is what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure....

Let's see .... I cruised on the Fantasy in February and December. Never in January. But, considering February is as cold as January, I would say that unless you get a strong cold front that comes through, then your kids will be able to begin there swim in the pools the morning after sail away.

We went on the Fantasy in January. When we left New Orleans it was around 45 Degs at Sail a way. Much to cold and windy to enjoy the trip down the Mississippi on the front top deck. However it has places on the side where you can get out of the wind. The next day the weather was warm enough to swim, but the pools were closed because of rough seas.

I'm not sure if the rough seas are common in January. Once we got to progreso it was 85 degrees and beautiful. Hope this helps.

Archived