Exactly where is the port in Baltimore?

We will be sailing out of Baltimore for the first time and are wondering where the port is. Is it on the side of the Harbor that the airport is on or is it on the NE side? We're about to book on Priceline and want to get a hotel close-ish to the port. Thanks!

Pam

Royal Caribbean Sov. of the Seas 11/96

Carnival Elation 6/2000

Carnival Sensation 5/2002

Celebrity Century 11/2002

Celebrity Century 10/2003

Celebrity Century 11/2003

May God bless the USA and all those fighting for freedom!

Thanks PhoenixCruiser! I'd been surfing, but hadn't found that site. I appreciate your quick help.

Pam

RCI Sov. of the Seas 11/96

Carnival Elation 6/2000

RCI Grandeur 5/2004

Princess Caribbean Princess 10/2004

I just got off the Galaxy and the pier is in an industrial pier area. You would not want to stay in that area even if there are any hotels. I would suggest staying in the Inner Harbor area which is about a $16 cab ride from the pier.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

I believe Celebrity is using the Dundalk marine terminal which is situated on the northeast shore of the Patapsco (opposite that of BWI). Yes, this is an industrial pier so don't expect anything fancy. Actually any of the hotels in the downtown area would be okay. You may want to check the Orioles schedule ahead of time though...when the Yankees are in town their fans flock to Baltimore in droves and downtown gets a bit crowded.

Never checked the mileage from BWI to the inner harbor but I would estimate that it's about 10 to 15 miles. Traffic can be a pain around Baltimore during the rush hours so you'll want to take that into consideration when trying to get around town.

Star Princess (Alaska) 8/2003

Radiance of the Seas (Alaska) 8/2001

Voyager of the Seas (W. Carib) 12/1999

airplane__e0.gif

Thanks for all the good advice. It's really good to know. Of course, if the Yankees are in town, Ron might rather stay in town and watch the game icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks again. Anymore advice from those who know?

Pam

Carnival Elation 6/2000

RCI Grandeur 5/2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by roboref:

Thanks for all the good advice. It's really good to know. Of course, if the Yankees are in town, Ron might rather stay in town and watch the game icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks again. Anymore advice from those who know?

Pam<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pam, we stayed in the Inner Harbor and LOVED it!

It's an awesome area, and your husband will love the ESPN Zone - at least we did!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;26;17;1;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 6/26/04

We got the Wyndham Inner Harbor for $45 on price line for the end of May.

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Majesty of the Seas 11/95

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99

Grandeur of the Seas 11/00

Grandeur of the Seas 06/01

Grandeur of the Seas 02/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

Grandeur of the Seas 05/04

Navigator of the Seas 11/04

Living near Baltimore, I can recommend staying in the Inner Harbor. There are lots of things to do there, and it's not far from the terminal at all. (entire Inner Harbor area of shops and food, Maryland Science Center, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, ESPN Zone, Hard Rock Cafe, and so much more).

And, yes, it is an industrial working marine terminal where the cruise ships dock. So don't expect alot of the port, since cruising is relatively new to Baltimore we haven't caught up with other cities. When you do cruise, enjoy your trip down the Chesapeake Bay. We treasure our Bay, and find it beautiful -and hope you do too! Don't forget your camera to get pictures of sailing under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

Let me be the first to welcome you to our fair city! Enjoy your stay, and come back soon, HON (A classic Baltimore-ism).

7/02 NCL Wind - Alaska (honeymoon)

7/03 NCL Star -Hawaii (1st anniversary)

10/04 RCI Legend - Panama Canal (just because it's there)

Anyone have an idea how much it will cost to go from the peir to BWI? I'm flying out of BWI to New Orleans then Grandure of the seas is repositing to baltimore. I guess I will be parking at BWI while i'm gone.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=5>

<param name="day" value=1>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

RCCL GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS - from New Orleans, 5/1

Norway 5/03

I think we would prefer to stay in the inner harbor area, if we can get a good price on Priceline. Does anyone know which hotels might offer shuttle service? Either from the airport to hotel or hotel to pier?

Carnival Elation 6/2000

RCI Grandeur 5/2004

BWI to Inner Harbor will be between $15-$20 I'm guessing. I don't think any hotels in the Inner Harbor area offer shuttles to/from BWI, nor are shuttles offered to/from the port. Only hotels that offer that are near the airport. Having lived off and on in Baltimore for the past four years, IMHO the Inner Harbor is the place to stay. Plenty to do, many places to eat, nice hotels. Forget the terminal (Dundalk) area, that's just an industrial area.

• 3 months later...

Go to www.marylandports.com/cruises for the answers to most of these questions.

I would book a 4-5 star hotel at the Inner Harbor through Priceline. At the Inner Harbor the Hyatt, Renaissance, Marriott, Sheraton, Wyndham and Brookshire Suites are some of the hotels.

I believe all the major hotel chains offer shuttles to BWI. I worked across the street from the Inner Harbor for many years and saw shuttles every day, all the time.

Enjoy Baltimore and sailing in the Chesapeake Bay!

Archived