how different?

m1ckey

I think they are pretty comparable, but we prefer RCI for the perks you get as repeat cruisers. The service and the food are very similar, in our experiences. The decor is completely different. Carnival is more "glitzy" Las Vegas style compared to RCI's more subdued style. Of course, the color of the carpet doesn't determine what kind of time I have! We've enjoyed all of our cruises!

I can't compare the kids club because our kids have only sailed on RCI. I do know that our kids would absolutely love the water slide on Carnival. They love the Rock Wall on RCI though. The absolutely love RCI's Advenure Ocean, but I've heard great things about Camp Carnival too.

I think you just need to compare the amenities offered by both ships you are considering to see which would suit your family better.

I have been on carnival 2x now. I am looking at rci for my next. How different are the lines?

Overall, they are more similar than different. Both have excellent programs for the kids. Our 8 year old son enjoyed the kids program on RCI a little more because they played more games than on Carnival, which did more art and crafts in his opinion. Our 11 year old daughter said she had equal fun in both. She liked the room better for the 9 to 11 year olds on the Mariner of the Seas because it was a larger and had more things to do (Guitar Hero, more computers), but she said the actual activities and games were more fun on the Carnival Pride.

Royal Caribbean has more things to do with the rock walls, skating rinks, etc., but there was still plenty for the kids to do on Carnival.

Archived