Are There Any Bad Cabins on the Serenade of the Seas or the Vision of the Seas?

Has anyone had a specific cabin on either of these ships, Serenade or Vision, that you would absolutely never want to cruise in again? Do you remember which it was? I'm looking at cruises next year to Alaska, and if I go with a Royal Carribbean ship it would have to be one of these.

When we booked our first cruise this year I never thought much about the cabin,, other than that I wanted one with a balcony. We booked about 6 weeks before the cruise, and were in cabin 7592 on the Voyager. It was only during the cruise that I came to appreciate the cabin - it seemed to be spacious enough for 2 people, even if the bathroom was a little small, quiet, not too far a walk from the stairs/ elevator, not too high or too low on the ship, etc.

We had a great time on the cruise, and are looking forward to doing more cruising. I didnt know anything about cruisecritic.com until the day before we left, and since we got back I've been reading all the posts and am starting to wonder if I should be doing more research before booking in the future (I'm not obsessing over this, just wondering).

So, again my question is, is there a specific cabin that you would avoid, even if it meant taking a different sailing/itinerary? (Oh, and I don't think our budget could go for much more than a junior suite, and then only if the cost differential between that and the regular balcony cabins wasn't too great).

I appreciate any info you have to share.

Archived