Interconnecting cabins retracted on Ventura 2009

story_teller

I was looking to book on the Ventura for summer 2008 in connecting cabins, but then decided to book for 2009 instead, and was surprised when a travel agent told me they don't have any. It seems they can do it this year but not next? I wondered if it was because the cruises aren't on sale yet she got it wrong?

:confused:

My 2008 brochure does not show any interconnecting doors on Ventura, although it does show them on Arcadia, Aurora, and Artemis. Strange that two of those ships are adult only where interconnecting doors are unlikely to be required as the demand is only likely from those with children.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

I have just noticed this thread, so will ressurect it!!!

There are no interconnecting cabins on Venutra, as we asked this too. It appears there was a mistake in the brochure?!!

We asked as we had booked a twin with a sofa bed for our three year old and then were told 5 months later this was no longer available due to a brochure error. Trying to salvage the situation and avoid either of us sleeping in bunks, we thought about taking another family member along to share with our daughter and thus she could have a bed (being too young for a bunk and this was cheaper than the alternative suite option for us), however, when we asked for interconnecting rooms - then in the evenings the adults could all sit in the cabin with a glass of wine after returning back, yet still be in contact with our daughter in the next room, we were told this wasn't possible, but we could have a cabin next door - obviously not an option, we wouldn't hear if anyone entered from the corridor!

You are right Faith Star, a family ship which is not particularly family friendly and I don't think P&O have thought about the practicalities of sailing as a family.

We go in a couple of weeks I only hope they are more clued up on board than they are at the Head Office!!!

Kate

Hello K8T. I see you are on Ventura in May.

We are on in July with 2 older children( 13/17 )and would be really interested in your feedback, particularly re freedom dining which we have opted for this time.

Reason so interested in your opinion is that I see you sailed on Oriana last year and Oceana before. We went on Oriana last year - great cruise,nice ship, great food and service, but surprised at the age profile and attitudes, compared to Oceana which we did year before and in 2004. Feel you have had comparable recent experience with P+O so would welcome your opinion re Ventura.

Have a great cruise and hope to hear from you when back.

Regards,

Hello K8T. I see you are on Ventura in May.

We are on in July with 2 older children( 13/17 )and would be really interested in your feedback, particularly re freedom dining which we have opted for this time.

Reason so interested in your opinion is that I see you sailed on Oriana last year and Oceana before. We went on Oriana last year - great cruise,nice ship, great food and service, but surprised at the age profile and attitudes, compared to Oceana which we did year before and in 2004. Feel you have had comparable recent experience with P+O so would welcome your opinion re Ventura.

Have a great cruise and hope to hear from you when back.

Regards,

M62, which cruise in July are you on, I am on 18th July.

Cheers

Gerry

Hello Gerry,

Sorry for delay in replying . We are on 18th July as well!

Looking forward to reading some other balanced opinions of cruisers between now and then, but seems good feedback so far.

Regards,

Hi M62 Man

Have no fear I will give an unbiased review. I really do want to like this ship and thus stay with P&O after a couple of bad experiences. Unlike some others, I don't want it to be the Oriana or any other ship, although I like them, I am looking for something family orientated, but not too 'downmarket'

I will also be looking at it from the child angle, as no one seems to have commented on that so far, so keep an eye out!

I am sure it will be a lovely ship, if not elegant.

Kate

Archived