St Petersberg tours

Help Please

My Wife and I are sailing on the Jewel ot the seas, and will be overnighting in St Petersberg on the 11th of June. We have a Denrus complete St Petersberg value tour booked but we are also looking at doing the folklore show also with Denrus on the evening of the 11th. Can anyone who has done this trip please advise if this is possible. Will we have time to wash, change and get something to eat between trips. Also if you have done either of these trips what was your opinion. Or would the ballet be more value?

Thank you in antisipation

Depending on where you will be docked, and also which venue (and time) you are going to for the folklore:

We were docked in town - went back to the ship for a quick refresher, put down packages, little bit of snack, fruit - then we went by car to the palace for the early folkloric show - we walked back to our ship with our guide (about 15 minutes or so )- had late dinner on the ship....

I would see where you are docked and which theatre you are going to - traffic gets pretty heavy - Nikolaevsky is right in town - the other theatre is across town (was not walkable for us) -

That being said, Denrus would probably advise you what is best - if there's time enough to go back to the ship, do you want to do the later show and have dinner before (I think they have an inclusive option there)... We found the folklore show light enough and not tiring - also did not need to "dress" up - and we were still rested enough for the next day's touring......

I opted for the folklore show - not sure hubby wanted to sit through the ballet!!!

CJcruzer

we did this tour last year

firstly denrus are great

some of our tour did the ballet & some the folklore

the most said comment from these people was how exhausted they were the day after, when you have the summer palace to visit

but they were pleased they had done it

send our love to Olga from denrus

BE PREPARED FOR A HECTIC TWO DAYS

p:s estonia the next stop on the cruise is the best port of call, you will see when you get there

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560552390nPmKfD

have a look at these photos you may find them useful

Thanks very much for the replys, I have just heard from Denrus, the 1st day gets back at 5.30 and the evening trip leaves at 7pm, so they are possible.

If I decide to not do the evening trip does anyone know if entertainment is on board for the evening whilst in port.

• 4 weeks later...

Another idea for evening..... we are on the Jewel of the Seas Aug 27. We are doing the Value Tour with Denrus during the day and at 6:30 the first evening we'll be going to Catherines Palace ....RCI's Russian Imperial Court Evening.

Another idea for evening..... we are on the Jewel of the Seas Aug 27. We are doing the Value Tour with Denrus during the day and at 6:30 the first evening we'll be going to Catherines Palace ....RCI's Russian Imperial Court Evening.

I just canceled the folklore show and booked the Princess version of the Imperial night. Catherine Palace is not included in the 2 day Denrus value tour. I'm glad that this is available as I really wanted to see the palace. It's going to be an exhausting two days, but I can't wait!

Archived