ROLL CALL - Carnival Splendor - April 19, 2009

tazmanaf

• 5 months later...

I have a group going on this same sailing. There will be 4 of us who will be attending the FOD if they have any scheduled.

We would be more than happy to meet up for a drink.

Jerry

Yucca Valley, CA (close to Palm Springs)

Welcome Jerry!!!

My partner and I did this same itinerary earlier this year on the Pride. There was a FOD meeting every day, which really surprised us. Made some really good friends!

Looking forward to meeting you and your group.

John

We have done the Mexican Riviera numerous times. Carnival out of San Diego and Long Beach, Royal Caribbean out of LA and Norwegian out of LA. One time on NCL and one time on RCI we had a great group of FOD. All other sailings it was mostly non-existent.

We are leaving on a 14 night Med on Celebrity later in the month so we will be more active on the April roll call after we return.

Jerry

• 3 months later...

Well, it is getting closer. We have all made our final payment and looking forward to the cruise. Several of us just got home from doing the Mexican Riviera on the NCL Star 1/10-17. We met some very nice people at the FOD and look forward to meeting you on the Splendor.

Jerry

• 1 month later...

John,

It is starting to get closer and time to start thinking about getting ready for the cruise. Will you be driving in from Las Vegas or flying?

We can drive there in a little over two hours but with the Grand Prix race being on the day of our departure I guess we had better give ourelves plenty of time to get there.

Jerry

Those that have done this Mexican Rivera cruise before, and maybe sailed more than one cruiseline, which is better and why ? Carnival's new Spendor or Royal Caribbean Mariner ?

Look forward to input.

David

Although Carnival's Splendor is a newer ship I think that Royal Caribbean's Mariner would be the way to go. We really like the Voyager class of ship. We have also done the NCL Star on this itinerary. I would rate them as #1-RCI, #2-NCL and #3CCL but really they are all good. We are looking forward to trying the Splendor and then we will do the Mariner in November and we just did the Star in January.

Four weeks from now we will be on the Splendor and attending the life boat drill. I am ready to go now!!! I have a friend on the 2 night Splendor cruise out of SFO right now so will find out more about the ship when they return home tomorrow.

Archived