Dunns River Falls and JUTO Taxi

moondoggie

We're stopping at OR next week, and cannot be locked into a specific time with a DRF tour (medical reasons). Someone had suggested that we catch a JUTO (or JUNTO) taxi which would just take us to the falls--anyone done this?

I think we would use a guide when we got there. Can someone help us, and also quote approximate taxi and guide costs? Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

We where in OR last Tuesday. We took a cab from the port to Dunns River. We had 4 adults and 2 children. You had to walk outside the main gate towards the town to get away from all the people trying to sell you tours. We got a cab for $10.00 there and $10.00 back. be sure to look for a cab with a red license plate tag. They initally wanted $25.00 I think, but we got them down to $10.00. At the park it cost us $10.00 a peice for adults and $8.00 a peice for kids. We rented a locker for $8.00 which was big enough for 3 backpacks and then some. We did not use a guide so I don't know how much they charge. We just worked our way up on our own and had a great time. With a guided tour you have to hold hands and follow each other. They try to get you to the top as fast as they can so they can get another trip. Going on your own you can stop and take a break or take pictures when ever you want. Have a good time I know we did.

Archived