Uncertain about tendering (NCL Dawn)

cmr23

I'll be on the 4/27 NCL Dawn to Bermuda, which docks at Kings Warf day 1, leaves at 9am day 2 to go to Hamilton & tenders from Hamilton for day 2 & 3.

I am planning on SCUBA the morning of day 2, which means I'll be getting off the ship before it leaves for Hamilton. I understand that this is a fairly common thing to do, but it makes me a bit nervous.

When I go to Hamilton later to get the ship, how will I find the tender boats? Do I need to tell the ship about my plans?

Any advice from someone who has done this would be appreciated!

last yr my GF and I was on the Dawn and it went to Bahamas and Bermuda (and NCL private island) which we used a tender to get there... basically u had to go get tickets (they call it over the speaker... u have to go to a certain place to pick up the tickets... ours was at a bar i believe - not sure) but anyways... you'll get color coded tickets and they will call u by color tickets... when u get on the tender and want to go back to the ship we just stood in line and when a boat came after it was done unloading the ppl we got on and went back to the ship. so it should be the same way. hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for the info. Did you need your ticket to get back on the ship?

Our plan is to get off when the ship is docked at the Dockyard, and meet it later in Hamilton, where it will be tendering. If we need tender tickets to get back on, we'll need new plans. :o

You will not need tender tickets to get back to the ship. Just find out where the tenders will be before you get off so you'll know where to find them. Usually there is some sort of a shore talk before we get to Bermuda which will explain all of these things. This talk is also televised so you can watch it from the comfort of your cabin.

Have a great cruise.

I would inform someone on the ship of your plans even though it probably isn't necessary. Be sure to check the latest time that you can leave the ship at the dockyards. They will pull the gangway long before the ship sails so you need to be off the ship before then. My husband did something similar when we were docked in Hamilton. He had to leave the ship by 6:30 AM and the ship was sailing at 9 AM to St. Georges.

You will not need a ticket to tender to the ship nor will you need tickets to leave the ship again later in the day if you go back to town. The tickets are usually only for early in the morning when everyone is trying to get to shore.

Thanks for inquiring, as I've been trying to get confirmation of this too. I've only been to Bermuda once in the past and we docked at King's Wharf. Had no idea they allow this.

Archived