Mariner-JS Deck 10 Questions

Just booked JS on Deck 10 of the Mariner, but now having second thoughts about being on Deck 10 ... the room is starboard/not quite aft but close to aft elevators. From looking at deck plans it seems Chops (or Portofino's) is directly above us. Will there be noise from above? Scraping of chairs, etc.?

Just booked JS on Deck 10 of the Mariner, but now having second thoughts about being on Deck 10 ... the room is starboard/not quite aft but close to aft elevators. From looking at deck plans it seems Chops (or Portofino's) is directly above us. Will there be noise from above? Scraping of chairs, etc.?

While it's possible you'll hear something I doubt you will. DW and I were on deck 10 in an aft cabin underneath the windjammer and didn't hear a darn thing other than the noise of the see wehn we were on the balcony :) I would say don't worry about the noise!

Warren and Yvonne

We were under the Windjammer on Jewel and did not have any noise. It was an aft balcony.

We are on deck 10 on Mariner next month 1640 - I understand it is under the specialty restaurants, I will let you know - but the Loyalty Ambassador chose that room for us as being a great room!!

We were on Adventure OTS last year and had a fantail balcony right under the Windjammer. You could walk out to the rail of balcony and turn around and see people sitting up in the WJ eating some good ole RCCL buffet food. But we did not hear any noise at all from above. Thats saying alot considering there are people in the WJ all hrs of night and day w/ kids runnig around etc. The only noise was from the people next door who seemed to have a couple of fights that week and liked to slam their door. If you have an aft room you'll like it especially on the fan tail. The only thing I can warn you about is the farther aft you go in a room the more you are going to feel the chop from the props under the boat. When you get into deep water overnight and your cruising at 24knots or so you may feel little vibration or shift/shake movement. NOthing to bad so I would not be to concerned.

Archived