40 days to go, and our Travel Documents arrived!!

riverqueen

After reading about all the folks who had problems getting their docs, this is quite a relief!!

This is our 1st cruise and we're just not sure what to expect.

Reading elsewhere on these boards, it was said that they never had their sheets changed all week. Is this common practice on a 7 day cruise?? Thank you for any input you have.

nancy

After reading about all the folks who had problems getting their docs, this is quite a relief!!

Reading elsewhere on these boards, it was said that they never had their sheets changed all week. Is this common practice on a 7 day cruise?? Thank you for any input you have.

nancy

Congrats on the docs!

As far as the sheets go, I don't know. I am not sure I would really notice if they had been changed, am I missing something? The bed is always made up and neat.

Congrats on the docs!

As far as the sheets go, I don't know. I am not sure I would really notice if they had been changed, am I missing something? The bed is always made up and neat.

No Gretchen, your not missing anything. i just presumed, since I've heard cruise ships referred to as floating hotels, that they would change the sheets; like they do in hotels. So when I read that they did'nt I was suprised and curious.

Thank you for your help.

nancy

nancy

I asked one of the HM's on the ships about this and he said "not true". He said on a 7 day cruise sheets are fresh when you get there, then changed on day 4 and changed again when you leave for the next passengers. I remember the person posting that comment and this is when I wrote to the HM. If in fact they weren't changed then it was a slip-up by the cabin steward, but we have never had this problem.

I asked one of the HM's on the ships about this and he said "not true". He said on a 7 day cruise sheets are fresh when you get there, then changed on day 4 and changed again when you leave for the next passengers. I remember the person posting that comment and this is when I wrote to the HM. If in fact they weren't changed then it was a slip-up by the cabin steward, but we have never had this problem.

Thank you Esme!!

That makes me feel better!!

nancy

What if you wet the bed? tee hehe :p

Funnily enough I had just mentioned this 'sheets' subject on another thread (Veendam...Alaska)

"BTW, the changing of bed linen which was mentioned earlier in this thread remains a mystery. I was a little disappointed on the Westerdam when the sheets were not changed until the end of the first week. During one of the shows it was joked about by the comedian who said that when they say that they have changed the linen, what actually happens is that it all moves down a deck until it gets to the bottom, then it is laundered.....:eek: Yes, he was joking!!"

Obviously he was joking about the moving down a deck thing, but our group had three separate rooms and the linen was only changed once during the 12 nights.... Granted the same Steward attended to all three rooms and it could have been his 'oversight'....:rolleyes:

Regarding sheet changing - does everyone change their sheets at home everyday?

Why is it such a big deal that the sheets are not changed - is someone else sleeping in that same bed also? If it is the same people day in day out - why do the sheets need to be changed more often than once a week?

We stayed at Fairmont in Vancouver and there was a sign in the washroom saying, due to ecological awareness, linens would not be changed every day. Why should cruise ships be different?

I cannot recall ever staying at a hotel, where they did not change the sheets every day.

However, i have never stayed in a hotel in Canada, either. I suppose clean sheets are a personal preference. I need to change mine a couple of times a week as I tend to "overheat".

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Keep em coming.

Nancy

Congratulations on your document dance!! Have a fantastic time!

We've been in several US hotels where we've been advised sheets would be changed every three days, and if we needed more frequent service, let house keeping know. Same is true with towels...cards that say, if left on the floor they will replace, but hung up will assume we will reuse. I know hotels are trying to be more eco and cost effecive..too many phosophates being dumped into our environment from detergents..

That said, I'm sure if you ask they will change your sheets daily...I certainly can relate to why you would like to recieve this service.

I do know that on the zuiderdam May of 03 our sheets were only changed once during our voyage..

Have a fantastic time!!

Archived