Shopping in Vila, on a Sunday.

bobhsv

The last time I went to Vila was 2 years ago. It was a Sunday, and only a few shops were open. Wondered if this had changed recently (as I love the shops), and have been on most of the shore tours when on other cruises. Any suggestions as to how to spend my time, if they are closed still. Many thanks.

The last time I went to Vila was 2 years ago. It was a Sunday, and only a few shops were open. Wondered if this had changed recently (as I love the shops), and have been on most of the shore tours when on other cruises. Any suggestions as to how to spend my time, if they are closed still. Many thanks.

Hi there, you must have been on our cruise March 20th 2006, it was a Sunday:p I found most shops were open though, the market wasnt operating though:(

We caught the free ferry over to Irririki Island on our recent cruise in November, had had a swim and snorkel there, they do say you have to purchase lunch, but the bistro wasnt operating and they said it was ok to just swim, I know of lots who have gone over and havent eaten. You could also get a taxi to take you to Hideaway Island, and arrange a time for him to come back and get you, there is a restaurant there and bar, its where the underwater post office is:p

Erakor Island is a nice spot too, a 24 hour ferry operates there, a taxi would get you there in about 10 minutes. I havent been there for years, it's on the list, but there is only so much you can do in a day!!

We walked the main street in Vila and had lunch at Chantilly's. very nice! beautiful veiw too! You can see the ship in the background.

1549746010_d38164e2ba.jpg?v=0

Have you been to the cascade waterfalls?

Chez

xx

• 1 month later...

Was just checking on my old threads and realised I hadnt answered you...how embarrassing!!!

No we havent been to the Cascade Falls, sounds like the go. Have been to other resort isles you mentioned.

I have a funny feeling you are on the Rhapsody in Oct 19th, same as us, as your name comes up often when I'm on this site. If so, may see you on board!! Cheers.

chez is on a cruise to tahiti right now. No doubt she will check in when she gets back. She will have a tough time catching up though I think.

I dont recall her saying she was doing a Rhapsody cruise and there isnt one in her siggy, but that is not to say she doesnt have one booked!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob and Karon:)

I am back!! Bob, reason my name comes up on your roll call is my very good friends Vicki and John are on your Oct 19th cruise.

Karon, didnt have a Rhapsody cruise booked at time of your writing, but have now:D Loved Tahiti so much, taking Andy back, then this one goes to Hawii!!

Chez

xx

Archived