Freedom of the seas sailings are open for Canaveral!

Yesterday, I booked Freedom for New Years next year

E2..............................2149.00 pp

Promenade..................1619.00 pp

My Mariner New Years cruise this year

E2..............................1449.00 pp

Promenade..................1179.00 pp

I was shocked at the price difference, I don't know if we will keep this cruise or not, but I wanted the Ben and Jerry sweet for the kids and the agent told me I better book now and cancel later if I need to.

We sure will miss the Mariner!

Just happened to check in with RCCL.com and found that Freedom is going to Pt. Canaveral - I'm a little behind all of you, but I'm still excited! (Better late than never.) We wanted to try a Freedom class ship next - this is so much more convenient (and cheaper) for us. WOO HOO!

By the way, have any of you stayed in an aft balcony cabin? Are they similar to Voyager class afts? Are those on the 10th deck less obstructed by the superstructure than the lower decks? Any info would be great! THANKS!

6-Night Western Caribbean

May 4, 2009

Port Canaveral, Florida • Labadee, Haiti

Montego Bay, Jamaica • George Town, Grand Cayman

Port Canaveral, Florida

7-Night Eastern Caribbean

May 17, 31, June 14, 28, July 12, 26, August 9, 23,

September 6, 20, October 4, 18, November 8, 22, December 6, 20, 2009

January 3, 17, 31, February 14, 28, March 14, 28, April 11, 25, 2010

Port Canaveral, Florida • Cococay, Bahamas

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas • Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Port Canaveral, Florida

7-Night Western Caribbean

May 10, 24, June 7, 21, July 5, 19, August 2, 16, 30,

September 13, 27, October 11, 25, November 1, 15, 29, December 13, 27, 2009

January 10, 24, February 7, 21, March 7, 21, April 4, 18, 2010

Port Canaveral, Florida • Labadee, Haiti

Wooohooooo! Sky King (Tim) -- googled our JS stateroom # for our 8/17 Mariner cruise (9608) and saw that you and your wife were in that cabin for your honeymoon. Looked like a great central location near elevators and the CL.

Your beautiful wife looks like one of my nieces.

We're really excited that RCI moved FOS up to Port C and was glad to see so many of the port's boosters like you posted during the past few months.

Cruises Missing on RCCL Web Site - May 31 & June 14, 2009

Both are the eastern route;

Day 1 = Port Canaveral

Day 2 = Coco Cay

Day 3 = Sea

Day 4 = St Thomas

Day 5 = St Matin

Day 6 = Sea

Day 7 = Sea

You or your travel agent have to call in to book either week right now

This is exciting! I'm thinking about booking a 7-night Eastern for September 6, 2009, for my Mom and myself. DH and I took her and my Dad on a Disney Wonder Cruise a few years ago and she would love to go on another. I know she'd love Freedom, and I would too! Plus she's paying for it, so why not?! :)

Booked ours may 24th 2009 anybody know anything about Ladabee ?

Labadee is RC's private area in Haiti and it's beautiful. It is basically all beaches. We had no idea what to expect the first time we went especially because we're not real beach people. But now it is one of my favourite spots on RC cruises. There are a lot of excursions you can book if you want to, we did the snorkel safari and loved it. Maybe next time I'll get up the nerve to try the zip line:)

I was actually pretty happy with the prices. Our last Mariner cruise was $1109/person in a E1 mid-February 2008. Our next cruise on Freedom is $1299/person for a D1 one week later in February 2010. Considering there’s 2 years difference and we went up 3 categories, I was OK with that. These are base prices, because I don’t have my last invoice handy to compare fuel surcharge, taxes/fees, etc. We also opted for the RCCL insurance over private this time, which of course will add some $$. We spent the money last time, but it’s right there on the invoice for 2010, so it looks higher on the surface. We also made final payment in time to avoid the FSC altogether last time, and there’s no getting around that now.

DH and I are both religious about checking prices, and we of course hope for a price drop at some point. I hope that our 2010 cruise not falling during Presidents’ Week will bode well for price drops-that was a tactical error when we booked onboard in 2007, we had no clue that so many schools had off that week. Oops.

PS-Bonnie (jakenashleysmom). Take care of 1402! We’re in it the week after you. Leave us a present! :p

Archived