Carnival Victory to Canada in Late July

villa10

I am thinking of doing a short 5 day cruise to St. John and Halifax on the Victory in late July. What is the opinion about the ship? I also hear that the weather is not always the best at that time--lots of fog. Any opinions?:)

I did that cruise last year departing 7-28. It was very foggy at times but in port it was fine. No rain and the temps were 70ish F. the ship is fine except the lido deck buffet is too small for the # of passengers. I think the Victory is adding the big screen on Lido deck to show concerts and movies.

We've done this cruise 3 times (one was only 4-day) and are booked again this summer. The weather varies; we went late-June/early July and had fog that came and went, our day in Saint John was cloudy and cool, and our day in Halifax was sunny and very warm. Next time, we went over Labor Day weekend; absolutely no fog at all this time and our day in Halifax was cool but sunny. Last year (mid-August) we had more fog than either of the two previous cruises; it rolled in after we departed Saint John and stayed with us through midday the next day in Halifax. Saint John was cloudy (eventually rainy) and humid, and the next day in Halifax was sunny (once the fog burned off) and not-too-cool, not-too-warm. In short, be prepared for just about anything.

We like this cruise as a "getaway" cruise since it's easy for us to drive to the port. We've always been happy with Victory; the worst that I can say is that the dining rooms are probably the ugliest we've experienced on Carnival ships. On the other hand, I love some of the other lounges, so it works out even. I'll be interested to see how the Lido deck large screen works out on this itinerary.

This will be my 3rd trip on the Victory to Canada.......

Once with friends (they loved it)

Once with 15 members of my family (they loved it) and now hubby and me (NYBumpkin is on the same cruise)

Once it was sunny and warm, next time was foggy and cooler (not cold)

We love the ship and enjoy the quick getaway...........

2 years ago we did a 7 day Canada/New England (september) on the Victory and had a great time. Yes, the weather is not the hot humid Caribbean. We really enjoyed Halifax and Saint John. We enjoyed the entertainment (shows) and the night clubs. Would definitely sail the Victory again and the New York departure is my favorite sail away.

I am thinking of doing a short 5 day cruise to St. John and Halifax on the Victory in late July. What is the opinion about the ship? I also hear that the weather is not always the best at that time--lots of fog. Any opinions?:)

I had to cancel that cruise this July. I hope to do it soon

I've done this cruise 3 times, once on the Triumph and twice on the Victory. I have always gone in September, and it's always foggy out on the ocean, but the ports have been beautiful. Even at the end of last September, it was around 65-70 in Halifax. It was great. Just remember that it is VERY different than a cruise to the islands! I also love sailing out of NYC -- it's my favorite!

Archived