Kids in Separate Cabin

I just tried to search for a thread that I read recently about not being able to book kids separately in a cabin. I don't remember all the details and couldn't find the thread. :rolleyes:

I would like to book me and DH in a balcony cabin and have our DDs in a promenade across the hall (they will be 13 and 15 when we cruise). Is that doable? Or do I have to get something adjoining since they are under 18. TIA!

I just booked our Freedom cruise today with my TA and was able to book my boys (13 & 16 at sailing time) in their own cabin. They are across the hall from DH and I in an inside cabin. I wasn't sure we would be able to do it but our TA said no problem! Hope this helps :)

The thread was under the cruise question forum- and it was discussing kids on carnival. Sometimes you cant book kids in a cabin across the hall on a carnival ship.

If the child is not yours== you have to book the kid in the cabin with an adult. Thats on carnival -- i dont know if its the same on Royal

NCL would not let us do this (we had to have one adult in each room) but with RCCL we just booked that way. The kids are not right across from us but diagonal... don't ask me why... I think it has to do with finding a room for three on the inside which was harder than I thought it would be. On our first try they were going to be down the hall, which made me sort of nervous so we had to book a different category for us. Which is crazy because this is for a March 2009 sailing! On the RCCL site they even have the kids ages stated quite clearly. So I guess it is because our two rooms are "linked" by reservation.

We did this last year on the Sovereign except our rooms were adjoining. We did have to book with 1 kid and 1 adult in each room but just told our stewards that we made the change to adults rooma and kids room after we arrived. It worked out great for us! Oh yea our kids were 13 and 10 at the time.

Al

We cruised this past March and had adjoining rooms (D1 balcony / L inside). We checked out the promenade rooms before we got off the ship and they said they would like to try one of those next year instead of an inside. I'm hoping to book this week for next year. If there are any problems, I will report back. ;) Thanks again.

First time ever cruise on 03/08/2008 and we have booked interconnecting cabins/staterooms. The only problem I have had is that the RCI online system would not let me pay for the balance online as no one in the cabin was over 21, I have phoned and paid for it, no problems!

NO the kids do not even need to be near you anymore which is strange. When I booked for us for MOS they gave us cabins 5 cabins away from our kids who will be almost 14 and a 12 year old. I asked how is this possible and they said as long as they are in the same quadrant it is ok.

NO the kids do not even need to be near you anymore which is strange. When I booked for us for MOS they gave us cabins 5 cabins away from our kids who will be almost 14 and a 12 year old. I asked how is this possible and they said as long as they are in the same quadrant it is ok.

They wouldn't let us do this. We wanted to book the kids about 5 cabins down the hall, but they said no, so we booked an adult in each room. Not really a big deal though.

There seems to be no logic to it. We booked our cruise for next April with 2 adults in 1 JS and kids opposite but down 2 doors no problem, but when we booked for Oct this year (only booked 1 month later) they said the rules had changed and we couldn't book under 18's into their own cabin (directly opposite) so we just booked 1 adult in each and will change around on board. The kids will be 15 and 16 in october!

When we travelled on Carnival 18 months ago they had the rule that you couldn't book under 18s in a cabin without an adult.

There was a recent thread (can't find it cos the search function is down :rolleyes: ) which said you now can't book kids into cabins unless they're directly opposite.

It seems the rules vary from one booking to another :confused:

I just tried to search for a thread that I read recently about not being able to book kids separately in a cabin. I don't remember all the details and couldn't find the thread. :rolleyes:

I would like to book me and DH in a balcony cabin and have our DDs in a promenade across the hall (they will be 13 and 15 when we cruise). Is that doable? Or do I have to get something adjoining since they are under 18. TIA!

Is this the thread you were looking for?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=748629

###

could the difference in when you can book children in separate cabins be due to the time.

I know here in australia at certain times (early december for example) they dont allow it but that is the similar time to your spring break. Lots of school leavers whooping it up and drinking too much.

We have our kids 18 and 16 in a promenade across the hallwayon our mariner cruise but our last cruise on princess they wouldnt allow them in the next cabin but were ok with us switching once on board.

I cannot understand that thinking

Archived