Any thoughts on Dauphine, Place D'Armes or Country Inn & Suites

Husker Cruzer

Any thoughts on these 3 hotels or suggestions on others. These are some that we are considering for a 2 night stay the end of May. Staying with elderly parents but want to experience the French Quarters and Bourbon Street. Won't have a vehicle so would like to stay within walking distance. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:)

Any thoughts on these 3 hotels or suggestions on others. These are some that we are considering for a 2 night stay the end of May. Staying with elderly parents but want to experience the French Quarters and Bourbon Street. Won't have a vehicle so would like to stay within walking distance. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:)

Comfort Inn isn't IN the Quarter, so would require more walking. Dauphine is a block off Bourbon so may (or may not) be a bit on the noisy side. Place d'Armes is in a great location - far enough from Bourbon to be quiet, but close enough to walk easily. It's right on Jackson Square, so is really centrally located to just about anything in the Quarter. Comfort Inn would be a newer hotel (although not THAT new). Both Dauphine and Place d'Armes are older hotels - as are all hotels in the Quarter.

I have stayed at Place d'Armes and was happy with my stay and would stay there again. I haven't stayed at either of the other ones.

BTW, not having a vehicle is a plus in the French Quarter. Walking is the easiest way to get around and parking is hard to find and expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Place d'Armes is a beautiful hotel and in a great location. But when booking a hotel with NOLA flavor in the FQ, make sure to request a room with a window or balcony. Many of the cool older hotels have inside rooms (no windows), and if you're chlostrophobic like I am, it would be not be comfortable for me to stay in one of those.

• 1 month later...

Have stayed at the Dauphine. It was very nice but like most older hotels in the French Quarter the plumbling leaves a lot to be desired. We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn French Quarter, 124 Royal St, one block from Bourbon St, very nice hotel quiet and very convenient. Great staff.

Keith

Archived