Getting to Butchart?

I've read through these threads and saw a suggestion for taking the Greyline bus to Butchart that could be picked up by the Empress Hotel that was not a full blown tour. Went to their site but could only find their regular tour at $50 (includes admission - but set time frame only) not the $8 transit where you pay just for the bus and then do your own $26 admit to the gardens. Anyone with more info?

I would phone the gardens on their 1800 number and see what they suggest. There is municipal transit and I am attaching a link. It is the #75 bus that departs from about 2 blocks behind the Empress. I am not recommending this as I have never gone out there via tansit. http://www.busonline.ca/regions/vic/

Grey Lines does offer just transportation out there, no actual tour. Regular runs about every hour. For some reason they don't put this on their website. Perhaps contact them directly.

I thought that this was the case and surprised at the original post. Crismch why don't you give Grayline a call on the 1800 number in Victoria, it is available on their website.

It's 3pm Pacific coast time. I just tried the 800# for Grey Line and got a recording that no one is available. I will try again later. I did check the transit map for regular buses and looking at their maps the #75 bus didn't mention that it went to Butchart. I would think it would be noted on their map as it is a big tourist attraction. It mentions other destinations but not Butchart.

It's 3pm Pacific coast time. I just tried the 800# for Grey Line and got a recording that no one is available. I will try again later. I did check the transit map for regular buses and looking at their maps the #75 bus didn't mention that it went to Butchart. I would think it would be noted on their map as it is a big tourist attraction. It mentions other destinations but not Butchart.

I have pulled up the transit schedule and it does show the bus does go out to the gardens but I confess it is confusing.

I just got a hold of the Grayline people in Victoria 1 800.663.8390 and the person I spoke with says that they do run a shuttle express to the gardens from the bus depot which is in behind the Empress on allmost an hourly basis. The cost is $15.00 pp rtn. Double check with them but I think that is your best bet.

Finally got someone at Grey Line. It sounds very doable. They do have bus service to Butchart Gardens that you pick up at their depot at 700 Douglas Street. In the mornings they run 10 minutes past the hour, afternoons it is 45 past the hour. It leaves from Butchart 25 minutes past the hour. Round trip is $15 and $26 gardens admission which they book also so you don't have to wait in line at the admission gate.

Finally got someone at Grey Line. It sounds very doable. They do have bus service to Butchart Gardens that you pick up at their depot at 700 Douglas Street. In the mornings they run 10 minutes past the hour, afternoons it is 45 past the hour. It leaves from Butchart 25 minutes past the hour. Round trip is $15 and $26 gardens admission which they book also so you don't have to wait in line at the admission gate.

Good I am glad you got thru to them and got it sorted out.

We just did this last September, and it worked out great. We walked from the ship to the Empress Hotel and checked it out for awhile. Then we walked about two blocks behind the Empress to the Grayline terminal, took the shuttle from there to Butchart Gardens-I believe it was $14 p/p round trip. We just bought the tickets at the counter. Spent a great morning and early afternoon at the gardens, and took the bus back. Then we walked back to the Empress, and caught a cab up to Craigdarroch Castle for an enjoyable afternoon. They called a cab to take us back to the ship. No hassle, no problems.

Hope this helps!

We just did this last September, and it worked out great. We walked from the ship to the Empress Hotel and checked it out for awhile. Then we walked about two blocks behind the Empress to the Grayline terminal, took the shuttle from there to Butchart Gardens-I believe it was $14 p/p round trip. We just bought the tickets at the counter. Spent a great morning and early afternoon at the gardens, and took the bus back. Then we walked back to the Empress, and caught a cab up to Craigdarroch Castle for an enjoyable afternoon. They called a cab to take us back to the ship. No hassle, no problems.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the helpful info. We'll be there in 13 days and will give it a go! :)

Do you recall how far the Castle was from the Empress and the cab fare to and from the Castle?

Thanks again.

Trudy

Thanks for the helpful info. We'll be there in 13 days and will give it a go! :)

Do you recall how far the Castle was from the Empress and the cab fare to and from the Castle?

Thanks again.

Trudy

I don't think the castle was more than a ten minute ride from the Empress. I'm sorry, but I don't recall what the cab fare was.

Archived