Stingray City question

Sky616

Been on this tour through RCI a few years ago and remember we went snorkeling first and then went to see the stingrays in the more shallow water where you could stand and feed the rays. Question is we are thinking of doing this again on our own, but this time with our DS who is 7 and not a good swimmer yet and would be afraid to snorkel. Do most of the private tours do both snorkeling and the rays or is there a tour that just goes to see the stingrays in the shallow water where he could feed the rays and stand. Thanks!

We did the rays reef and rum point tour with nativeway in January. My children are 7, 9 and 12. The water was a bit rough while snorkeling but they have life jackets to use and they put a rope out you can hold onto if you like. My two youngest tried. My 7 yo had the most success. My oldest was a bit frightened but enjoyed from the boat. They brought some stingrays right to the boat for him to see. My mother and mother in law also stayed on the boat, but we all had a wonderful day. They even let my daughter drive the boat on the way back. She loved it!! Great price including lunch. One of our best tours yet.:)

Archived