Jewel in late 2009??

Rainmn

We would like to sail a Radiance class ship in the Caribbean. I see that the Jewel comes to Miami from Boston in early November 2009 for a three-night cruise on Nov. 6. We would like something substantially longer. Other than that reposition cruise from Boston, has anyone heard what Jewel itineraries might follow? I couldn't find anything beyond on the company website. Thanks.

We would like to sail a Radiance class ship in the Caribbean. I see that the Jewel comes to Miami from Boston in early November 2009 for a three-night cruise on Nov. 6. We would like something substantially longer. Other than that reposition cruise from Boston, has anyone heard what Jewel itineraries might follow? I couldn't find anything beyond on the company website. Thanks.

We sailed Jewel in 3/08 for 6n then 8n ba2b caribbean. Great different itineraries. Beautiful ship. Check out JOS for spring 09 to get a possible idea for spring 2010. IMO she has a varied series of itineraries. We will next sail a B2B with JOS 8/09 into 9/09 Scandanavia, Russia then TA to Boston. Itineraries might change but this will give you a good idea.

My guess is that Jewel will be doing the Panama Canal at the end of 2009 and in to early 2010.

BILL

Funny I was wondering about that too. Nothing after Nov 10. Maybe drydock?:confused:

Another option might be Serenade. Apparently for the 2009-2010 winter season, while she will still be doing southern caribbean itineraries out of San Juan, she will be alternating itineraries with no repeated ports so you could make it a 14 night cruise.

When should we expect to see the 2009-2010 winter itineraries for the Jewel?
If she is doing Panama Canal again (which is what I'm hoping for), May 8.

Latest release schedule I have seen posted:

April 24 Seasonal Caribbean

May 6 Mexico

May 8 Panama Canal

May 15 South America

May 20 Australia/N. Zealand & Hawaii

May 21 Asia

I have heard that Serenade will be in Europe year aroung in 2009.
Serenade's 2009 schedule is pretty well set. If she continues the 2008 schedule they will add a Hawaii circle cruise and then PC cruise to reposition her back to San Juan from Alaska. Those are the only holes in Serenade's 2009 schedule. Hawaii & PC itineraries have not yet been released. Coincidence? Probably not.

Europe itineraries have already been released. Check it out on RCCL's website. No Europe in 2009 for Serenade.

Somebody incorrectly posted that she wouldn't be in the Caribbean; perhaps that is what you are thinking about.

RCCL has made an announcement that she will be back in the Caribbean for the winter like in the past out of San Juan. The only difference is she will be alternating itineraries to offer more port choices.

Perhaps you have confused the Serenade with the Brilliance. Once all of the 2009 itineraries have been released the locations of the various ships will be more clear, but "hearing" that the Serenade will be in Europe may be an example of someone speaking their wishes rather than their knowledge.:) I think Wrona and others have pretty well debunked that rumor.

Archived