Too good to be true?

cruiseaddict05

As most of us know there has been lots of airline troubles... well my husband and I had found a great deal with Midwest air the day of our August 23 cruise into FLL so we booked it. Then I got caught up in the worries of not making the boat. After reviewing and discussing the chances of the worst, we decided to stick with the flight because it was very expensive to change it to the day before.

Well, fast forward a month and as we are reviewing our trip we only see one way tickets to Milwaukee for about a week. I called Midwest this morning to find out they are discontinuing flights to FLL for the month of August so within 15 minutes we are now booked with NWA a day earlier.

It just feels like it worked out to easily and something is going to come up again. At least with the day earlier I feel better about transferring in Houston and IF luggage is lost an extra day to get it! (now that I say if it will happen;)). This will be our first time arriving a day early and hopefully getting on the ship to enjoy it a little more before she sets sail!

Thanks for listening to my jittery thoughts! My day to set sail is coming closer and closer!

So, if I understand this right, your original airline transferred your flight to a different airline but flying in the day before instead of the day of your cruise? That sounds fantastic!

I've flown in the day of (once) and the day before (twice) ~ believe me, the day before is MUCH better. So much less stress. If your flight is delayed, no big deal.

Congratulations on getting a great "upgrade"! Enjoy your cruise! :)

We like going the day before. We flew into LAX the day before our Paradise cruise. It was nice to relax and explore the city a bit before we had to leave the next day. We even drive to South Florida the night before cruises.

We go a day early too, unless it's from Port Canaveral or Tampa.

We go a day early too, unless it's from Port Canaveral or Tampa.

We just last week changed our flight to 2 days before! The plane was scheduled to be there at 7:30 night before. So we sprung for an extra night in Cocoa beach and heading in on Thursday for a Sat. Departure.

Cant Wait.

We don't cruise until Nov 2008 from Tampa but it was cheaper for us to fly in a day earlier (saturday) + get a room at the Embassy Suites than it was to fly in the day of our cruise (sunday). Silly as it may seem, we will still be saving about $150 (after paying for hotel)

Archived