Taking beverages "To Go" from Windjammer.

I'm a sailing newbie as well! Which Enchantment cruise are you going on in October? I'm doing the 5 night Western Caribbean on the 13th. I can't wait!!

I'll be on the 5 nt Western Caribbean leaving on the 4th. 6 months is a long time, I don't want to wish my life away but geesh, I wish it were sooner!

As an avid Java Fan I can appreciate your predicament,depending on your despiration there are a number of solutions:rolleyes:

(1) Order room service every morning (coffee & Juice only)

(2) if you can't wait go to the windjammer and get a cup or two and transfer to your cup,for whatever reason thay no longer have trays which make it a baalancing act getting back to your room

(3) When it come to that first cup just follow what you feel best about,remember you are getting a cup of Java, not drugs:eek:

I have been known to leave the Windjammer in the AM with some Orange Juice or Apple Juice to go back to the cabin (to be placed in the mini fridge) for DD for later in the day since the juice fountain is shut off after breakfast :eek: The OJ is also helpful for mixing with vodka later in the afternoon, but I didn't say that.. :)

Oh, on the COFFEE, I absolutely need one in the morning. I met the loveliest folks on the Enchantment a couple of weeks ago at 6am getting their java in the Pre-windjammer breakfast setup. I bring my insultated mug so that I can walk around the ship and say hello to the crew and catch the sunrise without worrying about spilling. Plus, those plastic Windjammer mugs just don't hold enough for me. I am a "let me have 2 cups and then I will talk to you" gal...

I see you're my kind of Gal! Actually I was thinking about mixing the orange juice with some champagne for morning mimosa's!

Mrs Pete suggested the disposable cups with lids and since I buy those already anyway, I think that's a great idea.

I don't think a coffee pot is a no-no, or, if it is, it's not enforced. My little travel pot sits right out on the vanity and my room stewards have never "suggested" I put it out of sight (like they did with my wine glasses) in case the head housekeeper inspects the room after it has been serviced. The steward told me if the head housekeeper sees a wine glass, they have "reason" to look further for home-imported wine. So when the steward sees wine glasses when servicing the room, they take them up "assuming" they are left over from bringing wine purchased at the bar to your cabin rather than take a chance that the passenger would get in trouble (and suffer an inspection) or they would get in trouble for not cleaning the room properly and leaving the glasses.

Now on the other hand, I've heard that when they x-ray luggage looking for liquor, they are equally as zealous looking for irons. People are called down to the naughty room to open their suitcases when they are spotted and they are taken up.

There are coffee pots provided in the suites on some lines.

Tucker in Texas

I must be completely unaware of etiquette, but I take things out of the Windjammer all the time. My favorite is to fix a plate of nachos when the WJ is open for afternoon snacks and bring it back to the balcony to enjoy with a frosty cold beverage.

I've never even had someone give me a strange look so I've assumed this is acceptable. I do bring back the plate or leave it outside my stateroom door.

Room service is available pretty early so I shouldn't have a problem.

In fact, room service is available 24 hours a day. Coffee and tea are included in the 24 hour menu. Breakfast is only available during certain hours, but you can order anything you want from their RS menu via interactive television or telephone at any time.

Have a great trip. Prepare to become addicted.

Archived