Now the offical countdown has begun!!!

hurls88

MUST BE NICE!! As soon as I get that stimulus tax check in May, I'm definitely putting down my deposit....please please please don't let the price go up!!!

I will do a Rate Freeze Dance for you.

MUST BE NICE!! As soon as I get that stimulus tax check in May, I'm definitely putting down my deposit....please please please don't let the price go up!!!

Our's isn't coming until June.:( You know mailing them out based on SSN, right? I should've done direct deposit!!!

I will do a Rate Freeze Dance for you.

AWWW.....THANK YOU!!

I must ask what is this stimulus cheque you all get down south??? I am jealous:D

Its called an Economic Stimulus Rebate, which Pres. Bush just put together to put some extra money back into the economy. Each individual gets $600.00 if they file taxes. If you filed jointly with your spouse, you get $1200.00 and an extra amount for each child (but can't remember how much that was).

Our's isn't coming until August.:( You know mailing them out based on SSN, right?

Yes, and DH's SSN is one of the firsts to be sent out. Guess I'm lucky. Also, this is just rumor, but I've heard that the earlier you filed your yearly tax return the faster you will get your stimulus check AND if you filed online you may get it faster...but that's just rumor. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Its called an Economic Stimulus Rebate, which Pres. Bush just put together to put some extra money back into the economy. Each individual gets $600.00 if they file taxes. If you filed jointly with your spouse, you get $1200.00 and an extra amount for each child (but can't remember how much that was).

Oh how nice.. I wish we could have something like that;)

Enjoy your ESR cruises everyone:D

Yeah, it is true about filing online vs mailing in. Check out this link:

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

We mailed in our payment, so we have to wait for the paper check to show up in the mail.

HEY THANKS!! According to this, I should be getting my check directly deposited on May 9th!! That's next week!!! CARNIVAL LIBERTY...HERE I COME!!!!

Yeah, I wish I had done direct deposit. But I owed this year and didn't even think about it. I just mailed them a check.

I owed this year as well, and had no idea that they would take what I owed from the refund that I received in February (the normal yearly refund). I was in the process of making payments and then when I actually got my refund, half of it was GONE! Totally threw me off and was a little upsetting that I didn't get all the money, but at least I have that debt off my hands now :D

Got the nice Tax Return yesterday and just made final payment!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Wow according to the tax payment schedule im getting mine on May 9th ... I can't figure out how you got yours already since the earliest date they say they are going out is May 2nd. You are one lucky person :)

Sue

Wow according to the tax payment schedule im getting mine on May 9th ... I can't figure out how you got yours already since the earliest date they say they are going out is May 2nd. You are one lucky person :)

Sue

I believe the OP was speaking of the regular tax return you get from your W2 forms and such. The May 9th one you speak of is the Economic Stimulus Rebate which is not a recurring thing like the regular tax return.

I believe the OP was speaking of the regular tax return you get from your W2 forms and such. The May 9th one you speak of is the Economic Stimulus Rebate which is not a recurring thing like the regular tax return.

I was but that 1800 is going to be nice as well

Yeah, I wish I had done direct deposit. But I owed this year and didn't even think about it. I just mailed them a check.

I owed too...mailed them a check, but I did it through an online service and it asked me online if I wanted the rebate back direct deposit, so was able to give them my acct just for that. hope they deposit and don't send check

My regular tax refund check was direct deposited, and then WHAM, one of my pet rabbits got sick that Friday. So the refund went straight to the vet. :(

But, the stimulus check of $300 for me will go nicely toward my cruise in January. The July cruise is already paid for. I'll be eating ramen noodles for a year, but at least I'll be cruising and eating well one week every six months. :p

Archived