Limited child numbers on some Cruises

enchantersnight

Hi,

I have just seen on P&O website "limits on the number of children we can accommodate in each age group" does anyone know what this means for sctually crusing with chilren (4 year old and 8 year old) does this mean they could not be put into a creche or night nursery?

Thanks for any insight

Ali

Hi,

I have just seen on P&O website "limits on the number of children we can accommodate in each age group" does anyone know what this means for sctually crusing with chilren (4 year old and 8 year old) does this mean they could not be put into a creche or night nursery?

Thanks for any insight

Ali

What it means is that there is a maximum number of children they can safely accommodate in each of the age groups and once these numbers have been reached they will accept no more children of that age group even though there may still be cabins available. Seems sensible to me to prevent overcrowding of the childrens areas. The moral is therefore that the earlier you book, the better chance you have of getting what you want, especially at school holiday times.

Brian

Hi Alison, if you are refering to your kids, 4 and 8yrs for the night nursery then you should be aware that only the 4 yr old will be allowed to use it as there is an age restriction of 5yrs max.

i have never used it and my kids are 5 and 7yrs.

the Kids club is open free of charge to 10.30pm every night ... if you want longer there is a fee but it can be used up to 1am i think for group sitting.

from about 8pm they get out the bean bags and switch on a movie and all the kids settle down there until you pick them up, some fall asleep! no one minds.

if your kids are in the same group you might consider this a better option than the night nursery as you have to get them to sleep before you can leave!.......

Lou

Hi Alison,

I'd definitely book as early as possible, we had an Oceana cruise all priced up ready to go on a Friday, thought about it until the Saturday, came to book and all the places for under 2's has been taken up (we've got a 7 month old) so had to start all over again. Not too bad though as we've ended up on the Ventura on the 9th May cruise which I'm looking forward to a LOT more.

Andy

Archived