Canaveral vs Miami beach wedding???

groom2B

Hello Everyone.

This is my first post, and I have a few questions I was hoping to get answered by someone. My fiancée and I are looking to get married in May of 2009. We had originally booked a cruise on the Crown Princess for a wedding at sea, but we were informed about 2 months ago that Princess has decided to send the ship to Europe or something, and they cancelled our wedding. We have both cruised Royal Caribbean before, and are now looking at them. We were really hoping for a wedding at sea so we wouldn’t lose a port day. Now we are considering getting married the day of embarkation. I'm very curious to other peoples experience with this. If we got married on Embarkation day, we were hoping for a beach wedding. If were not married at sea, on the beach was our second choice. We are looking at a cruise from Miami, or Port Canaveral. I have sailed from each, but I know nothing about the locations of the weddings if it was done on a beach. Does anyone have any pictures of a beach wedding at either of these ports? I’ve also read about trouble should the weather be foul. Is it possible to switch to an onboard wedding last minute if the weather isn’t good for an outside wedding? I certainly don’t want to have our wedding cancelled because of weather. If we must be married on the ship to ensure it happens, than that is how it will be. Anyway, thank-you for any help you can provide

Groom2B

Sorry to hear about Princess moving the ship/canceling the sailing! The same thing happened to us. We booked for an @ sea wedding on the 4/19 sailing of the Grand this year and then Princess decided to send the ship to Europe 2 weeks earlier. We ended up getting married on the final Caribbean sailing for the season which was 2 weeks earlier than planned.

I'm not sure if you can arrange a beach wedding on embarkation day through the cruiselines. If so, many of the beaches in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Area are nicer than those in the Pt. Canaveral Area. The two things that I would be concerned about with this would be the weather and how rushed embarkation day is to begin with. The weather can be more of an issue at certain times of the year--as you get closer to summer/warmer weather thunderstorms become more common. If the cruiselines can arrange a beach wedding, it may be difficult to switch to an onboard wedding due to weather that day if you have non-sailing guests--they have to turn in visitor and passenger information to port authorities in advance.

I would check directly with TWE to find out what your options would be.

Archived