Explorer of the seas vs. Grand princess

skirtsteak

I have been on both the Explorer and the Navigator and been the the Caribbean Princess 2x's which is a sister ship to the Grand.

Are they specifics that you want to know about?

I liked them both but for different reasons, there were some things I liked about one better and some things I liked better about the other.

I enjoyed the Explorer and Navigator, but found that after the first sea day, I had trouble finding things to do during the day. I found that if you are not into climbing walls, and active sports such as basketball or rollerblading, that during the day there were more options on Princess than on RCCL Voyager class. On the Voyager class, I was searching for things to do where as on Princess ships there are usually more things I'm interested in than time to do them.

I thought the dining rooms on the Voyager class ships were prettier, particularily with the 3 story open feeling, however where we were seated, the tables were closer together than on the Princess ships. I had a feeling of more room between the tables on Princess. I liked the food much better on the Princess ships than Voyager. I feel the buffet food has really gone down hill on RCCL in the last couple years and has a cheaper taste to it. I found the buffet line easier to navigate on the RCCL set up than on Princess. I also found it much easier to find seating on the Voyager class during busy times in the buffet.

I liked the larger size of the theater on RCCL better than on the Princess CB. I didn't feel like I had to rush to find a seat. I found the entertainment quality simialar. Princess has 2 shows to choose from, one in the Explorer lounge and one in the Princess Theater, where as RCCL has only the show in the main theater (however it was easier to find seats). I loved the dancing on the RCCL Explorer and every night we would go dancing.

Rooms- the closet is better on Princess, but I liked the little loveseat in the cabins on RCCL.

Service was outstanding on both.

Anything else?

Archived