Distance from Orlando Airport to Jacksonville Cruise Terminal?

jerseygirl3

Considering booking a 5 nighter on Fascination for next September. We'd fly into Orlando the night before. Anybody know the distance (miles/time) from Orlando International to the Cruise Terminal in Jacksonville. Better to spend the night in Orlando or Jacksonville? And lastly, any ideas on transportation?

I live in the Jacksonville area. It is approximately a 3 hour drive from Orlando to the Jacksonville terminal (depending on traffic). Take I-4 east, then 95 north. The cruise terminal is in the northern part of the city, near the airport off of 9-A. When I went out of Port Canaveral last month, I rented a car from Budget at Sears. I left it in Port Canaveral and rented another one on the way back. It was less than driving my own car and paying for parking. There are no flights between Orlando and JAX, and no cruise shuttles I know of.

I don't know for sure I would guess about 4 hours. If you are going to fly into Orlando, why not take a cruise from Port Canaveral which is much closer than Jacksonville?

We're only interested in this particular cruise because it's a group cruise.

Thanks to all.

We're only interested in this particular cruise because it's a group cruise. Thanks to all.

Why not fly into Jacksonville :confused:

Google Maps says it is 166 mi and 2hrs / 39 mi door to door.

You probably should factor in "get lost time" (how good are your navigating skills ?), "time of day" (rush hour ?), "day of week" (work day or weekend ?), "rest stops" (if needed - like lunch or bathroom break ?)

I was thinking the same thing while scratching my head too ! JAX is a nice little airport and ALOT LESS CONFUSION than MCO for sure, and plenty of hotel options as well :D

The flights from PHL to JAX appear to be way higher than into Orlando. We live minutes from Atlantic City Airport, so flying Spirit Air into Orlando would be more convenient and a lot less $$$. Plus, we could go to work that day and just head over to A.C. and catch the evening flight. Not so easy to do if we left out of PHL on Labor Day weekend.

Considering booking a 5 nighter on Fascination for next September. We'd fly into Orlando the night before. Anybody know the distance (miles/time) from Orlando International to the Cruise Terminal in Jacksonville. Better to spend the night in Orlando or Jacksonville? And lastly, any ideas on transportation?
You can also check to see if it's cheaper to fly into Daytona Beach and Sanford Airport if Jax is too expensive,it's about a 3 hour drive from MCO like someone else mentioned if no accident.

If you drive from Orlando to jacksonville- Don't take 1-4 to 95 N. Since the airport is off Highway 528 - take 528 E to 95 N to 9a (around jacksonville to the port. That way you will not have to go through downtown Orlando - plus you drive interstate roads and not downtown roads. I take this trip at least once a week. I promise it is the best way.

Julie

If you drive from Orlando to jacksonville- Don't take 1-4 to 95 N. Since the airport is off Highway 528 - take 528 E to 95 N to 9a (around jacksonville to the port. That way you will not have to go through downtown Orlando - plus you drive interstate roads and not downtown roads. I take this trip at least once a week. I promise it is the best way.

Julie

Even a faster way without going through o-town,take 528 east to 417 north(Sanford) onto I-4(Daytona beach) to 95 north(Jax).

I think for this particular trip, I'll just use the cruiseline's air. We never do that, as well get very inexpensive air from Atlantic City to most Florida cities. But Spirit Air doesn't fly into JAX and I don't want to have to drive 3+ hours from Orlando. So we'll fly in the day of and go with Carnival's air. When you factor in what it would cost to fly PHL to JAX, go the night before and pay for a hotel, and transportation to Jacksonville port, it's probably just better to take Carnival's air.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Jo-Ann

Archived