TV's in staterooms...What on it??

CruzinWithMom

Just got off Glory last week. We had ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, Cnn, a news channel like MSNBC or something all out of Colorado, Cartoon Network for kids and about 5 ship channels with talks, views of the outside, last nights' contests, ships heading and location. They also have a pay movie channel, a free movie channel and a kids movie channel. Don't forget when looking for a show that Colorado time is 2-3 hrs earlier.

Responding to "whose on a cruise to watch tv anway" -

I get so excited to see nearly new movies in my cabin. On our last cruise I watched at least 4 I had wanted to see in the theatre and missed. I was in heaven. Of course, I watched them late at night after dinner and the show. We leave Saturday on Glory, and oh yeah, I am looking at the lineup!!!

Anyone else addicted to the ship's navigational map channel? We really don't watch tv on a cruise, but whenever we are in the cabin we have that on. But I've been fascinated by maps ever since I was a kid, have the big map on my wall with pins in it for where I've been, etc., etc.

I just think it's really neat to see where we are, where we've been, how many miles, the weather, ship speed, and all that stuff. Watching the Miracle weave through all the islands and the reef in Belize was really cool, too. It was dark in the morning when we came in but we could see how much the ship twisted and turned on the map.

I wish they'd show the Survivor finale on the big outdoor screen. Otherwise, if we want to see it, we have to spend our whole first evening in our cabin.

Can't you tivo it while you are gone and watch when you get back? Just wondering. :)

Here's the listing from the Inspiration:

th_TVprogramming-1.jpg

Click to view a larger image.

Wow, that is a lot of channels. I just do not see why anyone would be stuck in their Stateroom long enough to watch TV. Maybe more than I know. IMO there are a lot of things to do in that Stateroom, and watching TV is not one of them ;)

Carnivalgame I feel for you... I am a Survivor fanatic too. I think it would be COOL to suggest it as a "special event" to the cruise director, but most likely you either need to record it at home, or use that hour as your "down time" to revitalize yourself before heading back out for more fun...(you can always watch the after show later at home)

As for the use of the TV...we found it was a great asset for our girls. It gave them a opportunity to veg out and slow down after the days activities while we were all getting ready for dinner. So it was nice to have some decent choices...

Anyone else addicted to the ship's navigational map channel? We really don't watch tv on a cruise, but whenever we are in the cabin we have that on. But I've been fascinated by maps ever since I was a kid, have the big map on my wall with pins in it for where I've been, etc., etc.

I just think it's really neat to see where we are, where we've been, how many miles, the weather, ship speed, and all that stuff. Watching the Miracle weave through all the islands and the reef in Belize was really cool, too. It was dark in the morning when we came in but we could see how much the ship twisted and turned on the map.

I was addicted to that channel also on our Glory cruise.

It had a decent classic rock soundtrack playing in the backround all day.

It was fun to see when we were going to be passing near Cuba, etc....

Pretty cool how they had the sunsets and sunrises listed also.

I enjoyed taking sunrise(set) pictures from the deck behind the "secret door" which happened to be about 5 doors down from our cabin.

I also enjoyed the 3 free movie channels.

Took the whole cruise to see the entire movie "Invincible". (15-30 minutes at a sitting)

But it was pretty cool, as it didn't debut on PPV until a week after we got home.

Bill

Wow, that is a lot of channels. I just do not see why anyone would be stuck in their Stateroom long enough to watch TV. Maybe more than I know. IMO there are a lot of things to do in that Stateroom, and watching TV is not one of them ;)

Usually watch a movie and take a nap in the afternoons when it's a day at sea.:)

Bill

I watched some tv on my last cruise April 13th. My cruise was intended for some much needed R&R so I took advantage and napped a little, watched some soaps, napped a little more then enjoyed the evenings partying and singing karaoke. I came back fully rested and yet had a blast too. To answer your question about channels, they had CBS, NBC, ABC, TNT and a few other movie type channels as well as news channels and a few cartoons. Very interesting to watch the one about the ship, the propellers, how they treat the water and dispose of waste etc. I know I'm lame but I actually got out my camcorder and recorded some it cuz it was really interesting.:p

Archived