Price for Alcoholic Drinks

Could someone give me an idea of what the prices are for drinks on board ...alcohol, beer, bottle of house wine? Can you buy a bottle of wine and take it to your room?

Thx

Wine can be taken back to your room. A beer runs about $4.50 plus tip approx. Daquarris are about $5 plus tip.

Hi

Thanks so much for posting the wine menus. (Thanks Critterchick :D ).

While on the subject of wine.......I have never cruised RCI before and I had read that they offer 'wine deals' with dinner - sorry if that is not the right term :cool: I believe you pay a set price for a set choice of wines??? Sorry to be vague.............can anyone advise of this - price(s) for wine and what might be available and do you pay/order/request like you would with the soda card?

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Lisa

Lisa, the wine package will save about 25% off the "gynormous" prices they charge per bottle. The prices are not much different from any bar & grill back home, say Chillis or Applebees type place. If you check the menu you will see that you can get a $6.00 bottle for around $25.00 or you can get a $20.00 bottle or around $35.00 to $40.00......so I would go for the better wine and pay a double than get a cheap bottle and pay 400% up charge, I hope this makes sense. I took the list to our local wine store and tried some of the offerings before I took our first cruise; that really helped. Since I mostly drink chardonnay, I had a bottle delivered to our cabin to sip while relaxing on the balcony or getting ready for dinner. I had a bottle of merlot in the dinning room, they will cork it and keep it for another night. The only thing is when we were having a before dinner drink in the Schooner Bar or Vicking Crown lounge I had to order by the glass ( I don't think they will haul my half bottle all around the ship):D

Of course you can choose the house wine or some other offerings, they won't have everything by the glass. I am thinking the house wine is around $6.00 per glass.

Ok, now I am craving a cruise and a chardonnay:p

Just enjoy your cruise and by all means, SPLURGE!

In comparing the different levels, make note of the differences between what wines are at the different levels. For example, I printed off the three different wine lists. I then arranged them from lower to higher in costs. I first compared the lower level one with the middle level one and on the middle level one i ticked off the additional wines it offered. I then compared the middle level one with the high level list and on the high level list I ticked off the wines it added.

I then compared what each "addition" added and how likely I would order the additional wines that were offered on that list as compared to the next lower cost wine list. I found the middle level wine list met my needs.

Annie & Gatour

Thanks so much for your great advice...I have emailed this to my Mum / Dad as they are the wine buffs and so I know this will be really helpful to them as we are all new to RCI Cruisin' :D I am the only one who uses the site - they just don't know what they are missing!!! :eek:

I love Sparkling wine and a nice cold beer with my meal. :o so I am happy enough slurping that.

Thanks once again for your help, it is really appreciated.

Lisa

BTW - Annie - I know exactly what you mean about the mark-up being so much more for the cheaper wines and that is great advice too.....mean't to put that before, but got carried away! :rolleyes:

thanks again

Archived