Going on the Valor 5/25/08..excursions?!

lpbabygirl19

:D Hello! I'm going on a Western Caribbean cruise with Carnival Valor on May 25th. Our stops include: Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. I was wondering if some people could give me some input on great excursions?

I'm going with my boyfriend (i'm 19 and he's 20) and his 40 year old parents. We are considering the Pirate Encounter in Grand Cayman along with some shopping & Senor Frogs either before or after the excursion. In Cozumel we want to go to Playa Mia for more of a beach day. We're really torn on what to do in Belize and Roatan. We would love to go scuba diving, but none of us are certified...are there any "discover scuba" options at these ports? Snuba is another thing that interests us.

Two other activities that really interest us are parasailing and horseback riding. If you have any information for these in either Roatan or Belize, please let me know =]

I would love to hear your honest opinion about any excursions! Please feel free to give advice on other excursions and "must sees!"

Also, this is a seven day cruise and if you could give me a traditional yet condensed packing list... it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Also, any advice for the cruise itself would be great! I've never been on a cruise before, but the people i'm traveling with have. This is my boyfriend's 7th cruise and his parent's 9th cruise, but none of them were on Carnival (they've been on Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity, and NCL) Is there anything we absolutely must do on our cruise and be sure to not miss?! Specific shows?

My DH & I were on the Valor last summer with a stop in Roatan & went horseback riding on a trip booked NOT through Carnival. It was one of the best things we have done on any cruise. They pick you up right at the dock and then take you on a nice ride through the town, mountains, & beach. Then they bring you right back to the dock. We went in Aug. and we were the only 2 on the trip- it was like our own private tour! Here is the link to the website:

http://www.barriodorcasranch.com/

Have fun no matter what you do- Roatan is BEAUTIFUL!!!

We're going on this same cruise (a group of mid-20 yr olds). As for what to do at each port, your best bet would be to check out the boards for each particular port of call and get ideas there. The Carnival site is a good place to start and find out what activities are offered - but you can then decide whether you want to try an independent vendor vs. the one the cruise ship uses.

You also should consider what your group is interested in, be it active stuff, leisurely sight-seeing, beaches, etc.

I know you mentioned scuba diving... If I remember correctly, Belize should be a good bet as it is supposed to be one of the world's best dive spots. Definitely check the ports board to make sure.

If it's your first time packing, you'll almost certainly overpakck - although the people in your group should be able to help you cut down your luggage.

:D Hello! I'm going on a Western Caribbean cruise with Carnival Valor on May 25th. Our stops include: Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. I was wondering if some people could give me some input on great excursions?

I'm going with my boyfriend (i'm 19 and he's 20) and his 40 year old parents. We are considering the Pirate Encounter in Grand Cayman along with some shopping & Senor Frogs either before or after the excursion. In Cozumel we want to go to Playa Mia for more of a beach day. We're really torn on what to do in Belize and Roatan. We would love to go scuba diving, but none of us are certified...are there any "discover scuba" options at these ports? Snuba is another thing that interests us.

Two other activities that really interest us are parasailing and horseback riding. If you have any information for these in either Roatan or Belize, please let me know =]

I would love to hear your honest opinion about any excursions! Please feel free to give advice on other excursions and "must sees!"

Also, this is a seven day cruise and if you could give me a traditional yet condensed packing list... it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Also, any advice for the cruise itself would be great! I've never been on a cruise before, but the people i'm traveling with have. This is my boyfriend's 7th cruise and his parent's 9th cruise, but none of them were on Carnival (they've been on Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity, and NCL) Is there anything we absolutely must do on our cruise and be sure to not miss?! Specific shows?

http://home.comcast.net/~dr.crash/HomePage.html

http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/

We are doing the same cruise. These are excellent sites for you to check out. You will find just about everything you are looking for. Hope you have a great time.

http://home.comcast.net/~dr.crash/HomePage.html

http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/

We are doing the same cruise. These are excellent sites for you to check out. You will find just about everything you are looking for. Hope you have a great time.

also found this for Roatan http://www.roatanisland.net/tourist_tips.htm.

Cruise Packing List

CLICK HERE to view & print the PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION of our FREE Cruise Packing List

We suggest that you print and use our checkable, FREE Cruise Packing List PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION. It contains a checklist of many of the common must-have items for taking on a cruise vacation, in an easy-to-use printable format...yours for free! It is recommended that you print one copy for each person traveling, that way it's easier to keep up with each item for each person. Bear in mind that this list is not meant to be all-inclusive. There are also blank rows at the bottom of the list categories, where you can write in extras that you think of.

Below is the exact same list, but for web viewing only:

TRAVEL NECESSITIES

Passports

Photo ID

Cruise Documentation

Cash (Don't forget to bring plenty 1's and 5's for tipping & buying items at ports)

Credit/Debit Cards

Wallets & Purses

Hotel Confirmation Information

Motion Sickness Medicine (if you think you may need it)

Prescription & Other Medicines

Luggage

Airline Tickets

Rental Car Documentation

CLOTHING ITEMS

Outerwear (as needed – even on tropical cruises, it can get cool sometimes)

Comfortable Walking Shoes

Other Shoes As Needed (don't forget Formal Night Shoes!)

Prescription Glasses

Jewelry

Pants/Shorts for daily casual wear (to pack lighter, remember they can be re-worn!)

Tops/Shirts for daily casual wear (again, these can be used more than once!)

Belts

Formal Wear as needed for Formal Dinners

Swimsuits (bring an extra large t-shirt for wearing over swimsuit around ship)

Water Shoes/Sandals (for wearing to/from pool and on water related excursions)

Hats (you may want one to avoid sunburn while at tropical ports)

Undergarments

Workout Clothing

TOILETRIES

Q-Tips or equivalent

Shampoo

Razor

Toothbrush

Soap

Hairbrushes/Combs

Fingernail/Toenail Clips

Makeup

Feminine Items

Toilet Paper “To Go” pack (there are no guarantees in bathrooms at ports!!)

Curling Iron

Straightener

Sunscreen

Solarcaine or equivalent (in case that sunscreen doesn't work!)

ELECTRONICS

Cellphone

Cellphone Charger

Camera & Film/Memory Card

Video Camera & Tapes/DVD's

Batteries

Small Alarm Clock (if desired)

Nintendo GameBoy or equivalent for kids

MP3 players

Laptop Computer (many ships offer wireless internet in your cabin for a fee)

EXTRAS

Fanny Pack (great for hauling personal items around – especially in port)

Neck Lanyard (attach your Sea Pass card to this for use on ship – no wallet needed)

Beach Bag (also good for carrying souvenirs back to ship)

Click here for PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION

Ellen...what do we need to do to liven that roll call up??@@@%%*)($#)...I I have some serious OCD

I HEAR YA...Short of doing a dance, I don't know what to do anymore...We are SO close, we should be heating up, not cooling off on our board...I will check in and see how it is going!

Archived