Which is the best med for moitionsickness?

jillyfish

I was reading another thread that was saying the ships are not using their stabalizers in order to reduce drag and save fuel. :rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=762221

Therefore, the ships have been more rocky, even in calm waters. :eek:

As a precaution, I would like to bring some motionsickness med.

What's the best that won't make us drowsy. We are a Mom, Dad and 6 year old.

Do they make the patch for children? If so, is this something you have to put on BEFORE getting sick?

Thanks for any recommendations or adivice!! :o

Thanks for both of your replies.

Does Bonine make you drowsy?

Can you take the Bonine and the non-drowsy kid's dramamine if you are starting to feel sick or do you have to take it before? I rather NOT take any med if we don't have to. :o

Try ginger, it works for me, it worked for TV's MythBusters, and it works for my kids. Best of all no drowsy side effects and you don't feel like your head is in the clouds.

I never would have believed it worked, except on MythBusters, they tested it along with other non-medicinal motion sickness remedies. It worked.

I tested it is a Six Flags before I first tried it at sea. It worked great there, so I've used it on my last two cruises. No sea sickness and no side effects.

You can get ginger tablets at a health food or vitamin store, or you can get the candied ginger in the spice isle at the grocery.

You can google it and find the MythBuster's experiment and some articles on it.

Try ginger, it works for me, it worked for TV's MythBusters, and it works for my kids. Best of all no drowsy side effects and you don't feel like your head is in the clouds.

I never would have believed it worked, except on MythBusters, they tested it along with other non-medicinal motion sickness remedies. It worked.

I tested it is a Six Flags before I first tried it at sea. It worked great there, so I've used it on my last two cruises. No sea sickness and no side effects.

You can get ginger tablets at a health food or vitamin store, or you can get the candied ginger in the spice isle at the grocery.

You can google it and find the MythBuster's experiment and some articles on it.

Great info!! I will check out the MythBuster's, my husband is into them too!!

Do the Ginger tablets in the vitamin store give you any type of dosage or directions for use to eliminate motion sickness?

Thanks again!! :)

Has anyone tried Motion Eze? Here is the link, it is a herbal remedy for motion sickness:

http://www.landfallnavigation.com/sms02.html

I am hoping the movement will not be that great to effect us. But I certainly would not want our vacation ruined!! :(

I think we will go with a whole arsanel

1)ginger

2)motion Eze

3) bonine or dramamine

Just a thought but "most" kids don't get motion sickness. Think of how many times they can be spun round and round and not get sick. I get sick if I even cut my eyes the wrong way but I didn't get sick on the ship and it was really rocking.

Just a thought but "most" kids don't get motion sickness. Think of how many times they can be spun round and round and not get sick. I get sick if I even cut my eyes the wrong way but I didn't get sick on the ship and it was really rocking.

We were on the Caribbean Princess during Hurricane Jeanne.

My son woke up the morning we were trailing the hurricane and said "my tummy is sad" :( We all felt the effects of that one!! Didn't actually get sick, but we had to sit out in the open air and felt absolutely good for nothing.

Other than that, we are usually fine. Just want to go prepared.

For the ginger tablets I took one a day for the week before the cruise and two a day at meal time (B/D) during the cruise. Also ate fresh ginger at the buffet most nights; plus used the motion bands. Came through the early winter storms of Hawaii with no problems. Will be giving these remedies a more extreme test in a few weeks at Disneyland. Can I avoid losing my cookies on Space Mountain this time? :eek:

Thanks for both of your replies.

Does Bonine make you drowsy?

Can you take the Bonine and the non-drowsy kid's dramamine if you are starting to feel sick or do you have to take it before? I rather NOT take any med if we don't have to. :o

You can take it after you start to feel sick.

And I can't even go on a merry go round without getting sick. So I NEED the medicine on the ship...lol.

Archived