Wedding department - AWOL?

erhoffer

Thanks for the reply Kim- DH is still undecided whether to rent the tux from Celebrity sight unseen or locally getting a good fit but maybe paying a little more and dealing with the baggage issue getting it to the ship.

Can't wait to see you pictures!

Debbie

Has anyone on this board had contact with the Celebrity wedding department? I have been trying and trying to follow-up on forms I faxed to them, and to ask a few questions. I sent an email - no response. I left a phone message - no response. I have been calling several times a day, thinking that I could actually connect with a person that way since the messages clearly don't work. No answer. Clearly, it is pretty important to us to have this figured out in advance of the cruise, which is now only 2 months away.

Have you experienced this same frustration? Is there anyone there? Any ideas how to get through?

thanks for any insight,

- Erin

We ran into the same, however with some effort they will call you. Jist keep trying.

I did an internet search and found a wide range. Some people on these boards have posted very youthful dresses. I ended up finding some things at Coldwater Creek outlet - couldn't decide between this one - http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Products/Product.aspx?productid=37259&ensembleid=42968&Skn=outlet or this one - http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Products/Product.aspx?productid=38920&ensembleid=44711&Skn=outlet.

This site had some advice - and links to dresses - http://www.idotaketwo.com/renewing_wedding_vows.html

Love the second one and I saw it on sale online on the Coldwater Creek outlet. I was going to buy it myself for my daughters wedding but didn't want to wear ivory. Good choice!

We requested that our ceremony be on the first formal night, which I believe might be the first day at sea. The Wedding Experience said that they don't do the ceremony on formal days because the Captain is so busy. Then at the end of the conversation she said she would put in the request.

Do you think we will know before we board what day the ceremony will be?

I would like it earlier in the cruise for many reasons and would love the convenience of it falling on a formal day.

I know ours was held on the first formal night which was a sea day. I think the only stipulation was that it had to be held mid morning or early afternoon so as not to interfere with the Captain's formal night duties. Of course, if you are not doing the Tru Love Knot package, it shouldn't matter. I really doubt that TWE will commit to a day and time because it is out of their control.

Kim

Thanks for the reply Kim- DH is still undecided whether to rent the tux from Celebrity sight unseen or locally getting a good fit but maybe paying a little more and dealing with the baggage issue getting it to the ship.

Can't wait to see you pictures!

Debbie

I understand the baggage issue but since we drive to the port, it is no big deal for us. I thought DH looked very handsome but he felt uncomfortable. When we took into consideration the cost of renting at least twice a year, it really made sense to go ahead and buy.

To everyone: I have scanned my pictures but I am having a little problem attaching them -- hope to send them this afternoon.

Kim

I know ours was held on the first formal night which was a sea day. I think the only stipulation was that it had to be held mid morning or early afternoon so as not to interfere with the Captain's formal night duties. Of course, if you are not doing the Tru Love Knot package, it shouldn't matter. I really doubt that TWE will commit to a day and time because it is out of their control.

Kim

We are doing the True Love Knot Package, which makes sense as to why TWE cannot commit. We will just go with the flow! Good luck sending the pictures. Computers can be so frustrating! Looking forward to seeing them, thanks for going through all the trouble!

Awesome photo's! What a memorable and beautiful experience. I am more excited then ever to renew my vows!

So glad you enjoyed them, I had fun going back through them. Please keep me posted and I would love to see your pictures when you get back.

Kim

You mentioned that your ceremony was in the morning. Did you stay in your renewal attire all day, or did you change? I love getting dressed up, so I would want to stay that way if people wouldn't think I was strange....

You mentioned that your ceremony was in the morning. Did you stay in your renewal attire all day, or did you change? I love getting dressed up, so I would want to stay that way if people wouldn't think I was strange....

Not a silly question at all. The ceremony was at 10 am and then we spent at least an hour and a half taking pictures all over the ship and shared some cake & champagne with the captain. We then changed but I do not think anyone would have thought it strange had we not. Even after that day, lot's of people congratulated us because they had seen us taking pictures. So do whatever makes you happy!

Not a silly question at all. The ceremony was at 10 am and then we spent at least an hour and a half taking pictures all over the ship and shared some cake & champagne with the captain. We then changed but I do not think anyone would have thought it strange had we not. Even after that day, lot's of people congratulated us because they had seen us taking pictures. So do whatever makes you happy!

OK, thanks! I have put so much work into finding the perfect dress and shoes that I want to wear them ALL day! (Mark would probably kill me if I didn't - short honeymoon!) LOL

OK, thanks! I have put so much work into finding the perfect dress and shoes that I want to wear them ALL day! (Mark would probably kill me if I didn't - short honeymoon!) LOL

I would love to see your dress. Do you have pictures?

Still working on the dress! I am so frustrated. I thought I had the perfect dress, it was delivered and I hated it on. Uncomfortable and not flattering at all. I am still on the mission. I have an idea in my head of what I want and haven't been able to make it happen.

I am now on the verge of obsessing over this. I am thinking that as soon as prom season is over, I will have more luck with a gown.

Still working on the dress! I am so frustrated. I thought I had the perfect dress, it was delivered and I hated it on. Uncomfortable and not flattering at all. I am still on the mission. I have an idea in my head of what I want and haven't been able to make it happen.

I am now on the verge of obsessing over this. I am thinking that as soon as prom season is over, I will have more luck with a gown.

I understand the dress obsession. I ordered and sent back 2 before I found mine. You will find the perfect one, I'm sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the dress today at Saks Fifth Ave. A yucky rainy day in NYC, but sucess at last!!!

It"s a gorgeous Sue Wong dress in Ivory.

I have a link to the dress.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2955662?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=dresses:women:dress&cm_ite=sue_wong_beaded_gown_with_deep_v-back:206650&cm_ven=bizrate&mr:referralID=053d164e-2527-11dd-a197-000423c27407

Phewww feel much better now!

Marit

Archived