help with countdown clock

Cozzette2

I don't know why I am having so much trouble getting my new countdown clock up, I did it before and frankly, I don't remember it being any too easy the first time.

So, I highlight the area it says to copy, I copy.

Tthen it says to go to my edit signiture and I right click and the area that says paste is not highlighted [ it is dark, no function ]. So, what am I doing wrong?

Kris

Ok, this is really getting embarrassing:confused: I find my way to edit signiture/ no advertizing and then someone said to go to the banner, I don't even see that anywhere in the edit section. What am I doing wrong? I am still trying to get the old one off and feel confident that once the old one is gone I can get the new one up.

Thanks so much for helping the computor illiterate:) Kris

go to the top== click on USER CP-- edit signuture.

scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN to the bottom to the other screen- (the first screen is what your post will look like--its the second screen that you make changes on---

first thing you do is delete everything you have there... and then click on save.

then go to the top here and click on Count down clock--fill in the information- some people MUST use their mouse to highlight the whole area as it will only give you half a screen-- once all the information is entered--you copy it.

Now go back to the USER CP-- edit sign--- then follow the directions above--- but paste what you just saved into the second screen-

dont forget to click on save.

I don't know which combination worked but there it is. Thank you all so much for your advice. Now I don't have to spend all weekend frustrated.

Thank you!!!!:D Kris

Congratulations!! :D I couldn't get mine to work for the longest time...then I found out other Apple users had the same problem. So I ended up doing mine while I was at work!! :eek:

After you copy your html you must clear everything out of your original page meaning no quotes and you MUST save these changes. Then go back and paste your html from the countdown clock, works like a charm. Thanks to all for the help on the count down clock

Maui Monster

• 4 years later...

When removing an old time clock, be sure and select Save or the clock will still be there. When you go to Edit Signatures, you should see two boxes, in the lower box, place your cursor where you wish to place your countown clock, Right Click and paste the copied address for your clock, if you wish to review first, you can do so to see if it is there, then click the Save Signature. Awwww great you have it. Oops you must have missed filling out something as you don't have your days, minutes showing.

Archived