Wheel Chair Accessible Sky Suite

goodshipmarley

We will be doing the Scandanavia Russian Cruise aboard the Constellation on May 3, 2008. We booked the cruise over a year ago, but with a great price reduction this week we changed our reservation from a family ocean view to a Sky Suite. We have been assigned cabin 9117 which is handicapped accessible. This works for us as I have multiple sclerosis. Can anyone tell me about this room? or a similar one on the M class ships?

Pictures would be wonderful. I am so excited about having a suite. I normally would not be able to afford this. Thank-you in advance for any help.

We had a SS on the Connie last yr that was handicapped accessible. The room is about 10 ft wider and the bathroom is like a real sized hotel bathroom. It only has a shower (no tub) so after showering you will have to put some towels on the floor to deal with the excess water.

Benefits of the suite are having a butler who can pack and unpack for you. This was great as usually that is such a big chore on embarkation when I'd rather be up on deck taking in the sights. Yes, I did rearrnge where he put some things; however having someone else hang and fold was wonderful.

They have a wonderful expanded in-room breakfast menu and you can also use the CC menu. The glass side table in the room raises up to chair height and they bring in a fresh tablecloth for the meals.

We had this room on our Baltics cruise last yr and especially loved it as our butler packed us lunches for our longer excursions and was there to handle our meals ordered from the dining room at night when we were too tired to go out after a day of sightseeing.

Archived