water resistant digital camera

jnnifer01

DH gave me a water resistant digital camera for my birthday. I can't wait to try it. When we cruise, we bring our regular digital camera for the ship, but bring the disposable water proof Kodak cameras on our shore excursions and they have been 'ok' but not the greatest pictures in the world. They usually aren't as clear and vibrant as our digital prints. So, DH found a water resistant Pentax digital camera with 4.0 mega pixels to take with us on our shore excursions. It's so small, too! I'll let you all know how it works when I start using it, but I'm so excited to have digital pictures for our excursions!

I'll be curious to hear how well this works. My last husband, I mean on our last cruise, my DH accidentally dunked our digital in the ocean and expected it to dry out and work! :rolleyes: We just ordered a new digital and it won't be going off the ship. The fact that DH bought me a new camera is one reason he's [b]still[/b] my current husband. 'Cause when Momma's happy, everybody's happy! :D

I can't wait to put it to the test in December! It says that you can put it under water and even rinse it off, but it can't go under water for long periods of time. For our purposes, I think it will be great. Our regular digital camera can't go near the water, but it still serves it's purpose on dry land (or onboard, for that matter). This Pentax seems promising. It even has rubberized corners to give it that 'durable' look ;)

Archived