Transfer booking from Cunard to a travel agent.

RobertGraves

Hello,

I have read that you can book a cruise with Cunard, and then, if you find a better price at an independent travel agent, you can transfer your booking to them and benefit from the difference in price.

Is this correct? Can you please give me some more details on how I can do it? Is there any fee involved in such a transfer?

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I have read that you can book a cruise with Cunard, and then, if you find a better price at an independent travel agent, you can transfer your booking to them and benefit from the difference in price.

Is this correct? Can you please give me some more details on how I can do it? Is there any fee involved in such a transfer?

Thank you in advance!

Not sure about that scenario, but worth asking the agent. In any case, you could always cancel the Cunard booking (subject to fee if you are within the penalty period) and re-book with the agent. The cabin (should you have chosen a specific one) should go back into inventory pretty much real-time. I wanted to move a booking recently (outside of 90 days), at the same price, but since I was fully paid, they insisted I cancel and then the agent re-booked it, all in a conference call, and the cabin came up in inventory as soon as Cunard agent hit cancel.

Hi Robert

Yes you can. We often secure a booking whilst on board (including on board credit), then transfer to an independent agent and obtain further discount. Can't go wrong.

Shellie x;)

Many thanks!

This is somehow beyond expectations :) ...

I wonder whether you could ask Cunard to match the discount price offered by the travel agent. Afterall if you pay Cunard direct, it is of more benefit to them, as they do not have to pay commission fee to the travel agent. Certainly if you cancel with Cunard before 90 days of travel, you should be able to claim back all the deposit.

I wonder whether you could ask Cunard to match the discount price offered by the travel agent. Afterall if you pay Cunard direct, it is of more benefit to them, as they do not have to pay commission fee to the travel agent. Certainly if you cancel with Cunard before 90 days of travel, you should be able to claim back all the deposit.

Cunard does not compete with it's travel partners. To do so would break down it's distribution channels.

The following is the information provided by Cunard.

If the booking is cancelled before 90 days for cruises less than 40 days' duration, no cancellation fee applies.

side_nav_header_about.gif[/url]

Cunard Line is a brand of Carnival plc.

Deposits

A 25% deposit is required within seven days of reservation or sooner, as specified by Cunard. Staterooms are subject to cancellation if required deposit amount is not received within the specified option period.

Balance of Payment

Full payment for all voyages must be received by Cunard no later than 90 days prior to sailing. All reservations are subject to cancellation if payments are not received by the due date, and are guaranteed only when paid in full at 90 days prior to sailing. Reservations made within 90 days of sailing require full payment within three days of the reservation or sooner, as specified by Cunard.

Methods of Payment

Only U.S. dollar payments are accepted via agency check, personal check, wire transfer, American Express, MasterCard,Visa, Diner’s Club or Discover Card. Expenses incurred for onboard services/products by the guest or by Cunard on behalf of guests, shall be paid by guest prior to debarkation.

Cancellation by Guests

Regardless of stateroom resale, the following policies shall apply to all voyage cancellations.

2008 Sailings - Less than 40 Days

120 to 91 days None

90 to 61 days25% of full fare

60 to 31 days 50% of full fare

30 to 15 days 75% of full fare

14 days or less, or non-appearance 100% of full fare

Note: Policies may vary for World Cruise voyages; see the applicable World Cruise Website for details.

The above cancellation charges apply to all travel including cruise, airfare, land arrangements and optional hotel/land extensions. If non-voyage components only are cancelled, the guest will be responsible for any cancellation charges imposed by the airlines, other transportation carriers, tour and ground operators or hotel properties.

You are referring to bookings made in the USA, Terms and Conditions are different here in the UK! Copied from http://www.cunard.co.uk/uploads/Booking_Conditions_2008.pdf

The Guest may cancel the Contract at any time prior to the

commencement of the holiday by giving notice in writing to

Reservations Department, Cunard, Richmond House, Terminus

Terrace, Southampton SO14 3PN (fax number 023 8065 7030), but in

that event Cunard shall be entitled to levy a cancellation charge as a

percentage of the fare paid in accordance with the following scales.

All other Voyages

Period before departure within Cancellation

which written notice of cancellation charges

is received by Cunard (percentage of fare paid)

From the date of booking until 57 days before departure - Deposit

56 to 42 days - 45%

41 to 16 days - 75%

15 to 5 days - 90%

Less than 5 days before departure or failure to embark - 100%

Admittedly we only pay a 10% deposit, but it must be nice to book anything that appeals, then decide at a later date whether you want to go ahead or not!

I'll second that kevankiki - the two countries albeit for what was once a British Company should have the same policies vis-a-vis cancellation!!!!

Everyone's plans can change - I have on quite a number of occasions had to change my cunard cruises & dates & have forfeited the deposit!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

I'll second that kevankiki - the two countries albeit for what was once a British Company should have the same policies vis-a-vis cancellation!!!!

Everyone's plans can change - I have on quite a number of occasions had to change my cunard cruises & dates & have forfeited the deposit!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Until Carnival Corp purchased Cunard, the US deposit was 10% as well. However, if you cancelled prior to final payment, you forfeited your deposit.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

We changed our voyage for September to June 3 weeks ago & Cunard only charged us £100 admin fees. I was very pleased with that as the new voyage was a lot cheaper. They had sent us an email with a 1/2 price B2B TA on it, so I thought I would phone & try my luck. Great result!:D

Sharon

Archived