Curacao Review April 10, 2008

cruiseapril

On April 10, we took the Curacao Beach Break to Blau Bai (Blue Bay) which is to the West of Willemstad. We had an entertaining guide who filled us in on all sorts of Curacao lore.

Blue Bay Resort is a low-rise villa hotel with a small and very nice beach on a good snorkeling cove. We decided to just swim this day -but others who snorkeled said they saw thousands of little fish out aways!

Blue Bay Resort has restrooms, a bar, beach chairs, palapas (sunshade umbrellas), and a private pool surrounded by flowering trees with birds in them. After I swam in the ocean, I then swam in the pool for awhile-very lovely swim in the 88 degree temp!

After our morning tour, we had lunch on the ship and then hired a taxi to take us up to Fort Nassau where we enjoyed the panoramic views of one of our favorite ports-Willemstad. We had a drink on the Ft. Nassau restaurant's terrace, took photos, and then our gracious taxi driver took us back down to Willemstad where we walked around, shopped, and took more photos.

We have been to Curacao before, enjoyed our recent day there, and will be back-perhaps for a land vacation. Any questions?

Hi April,

How much did the cab ride cost to get to Blue Bay? What were the costs to use the facilities (access, umbrellas, floats)?

Did they have good food and drink?

Patrick aka Poo

Poo- We took the HAL excursion to Blue Bay- this included full use of facilities & snorkeling equipment (plus lessons, if needed.) The excursion was about $40 pp.

The resort is a ways from Willemstad, so don't now about the taxi fare. Twice we have "bargained" for taxis in Curacao and been happy with our choices.

In 2005, we hired a taxi for 3 for $40 rt. to take us quite a ways to Santa Rosa and then back to town.

This year, after our Blue Bay excursion, we hired a taxi for $40 for 4 people to go to Fort Nassau (as mentioned in my review) and the driver offered to wait for us and take us back to town.

All we bought at the bar was water!

April,

Thanks for the info. I am not sure if we will book the cruise tour or do our own thing, but I appreciate your repsonse.

Archived