Coral Breeze Manatee Watch, Reef Snorkeling, and Beach Break

stephuney

I did this tour in January. We were able to have our own boat because of the size of our group.Coral Breeze will treat you right. The beach is real nice and we were able to see alot of manatees. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

I did this tour in January. We were able to have our own boat because of the size of our group.Coral Breeze will treat you right. The beach is real nice and we were able to see alot of manatees. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

This may sound like a dumb question ... but when you see the manatees, do you snorkel with them or is it like whale watching?

You do not snorkel with the manatees. Coral Breeze will take you to a few places in their boat to try to see them. We were lucky to see them because I hear sometimes you can't. They will turn off the motor and just coast for awhile. The manatees come up just for a few seconds but it is neat to see them.

stephuney, if you really want an up close manatee encounter, go to Crystal Springs, FL between Thanksgiving and March. I was able to snorkle and swim with the gentle giants for about 3 hours for less than $100. WHAT A DEAL! It was my 50th birthday present to myself:D

stephuney, if you really want an up close manatee encounter, go to Crystal Springs, FL between Thanksgiving and March. I was able to snorkle and swim with the gentle giants for about 3 hours for less than $100. WHAT A DEAL! It was my 50th birthday present to myself:D

WOW ... thanks!

Ok I will give you my review -

We were suppose to meet at 10 am at the latest. We got to the pier at 9:50 am ship time and we waited until 10:55 am (over an hour) to leave because they tried to fill the boat up - we came very close to leaving.

Mr Bigs and crew were very nice, but the tour was very unorganized, we spent more time waiting then actually doing things. We wouldn't do the tour again, we were disappointed in the amount we paid for what we recieved. I had friends that went on the ship's tours and they had a great time.

It was a really long day - let me know if you have any questions.

Ok I will give you my review -

We were suppose to meet at 10 am at the latest. We got to the pier at 9:50 am ship time and we waited until 10:55 am (over an hour) to leave because they tried to fill the boat up - we came very close to leaving.

Mr Bigs and crew were very nice, but the tour was very unorganized, we spent more time waiting then actually doing things. We wouldn't do the tour again, we were disappointed in the amount we paid for what we recieved. I had friends that went on the ship's tours and they had a great time.

It was a really long day - let me know if you have any questions.

thanks for sharing your experiences

Hi Steph, we just got back from our cruise and went on this tour. It was the highlight of our trip! Bannister Island was postcard beautiful! We wished we could have stayed on Bannister Island longer. My kids and husband really enjoyed the snorkeling. They saw tons of fish, an octopus, and stingray. I would suggest applying sunscreen every hour. I'm normally okay every 3 to 4 hours of reapplying, but I got a very bad burn. We will go back again someday. The manatee watch was just okay; I could have preferred to just stayed on Bannister island a little longer and I really wanted to see the manatees (we saw 2). Any other questions, let me know.

Hi Steph, we did have a wait a bit at the pier to get on the boat, but we enjoyed talking to another family also waiting to get on the boat. The only unorganization that I saw was when a man (who was not part of our original tour) was negioting in cash to get on the boat for the snorkeling portion of the tour once we reached Bannister Island. He was very arrogant and impatient and caused some delay and to rattle our tour guides a bit. The rest of the tour was awesome. Our family is a group of 4. I would say that we had about 20 or so on our tour with not everyone participating on the snorkle portion of the tour. I would still go on this tour again; in a heartbeat. Any other questions, please let me know.

The other reason you dont want to swim where the manatees are is sea crocks live in the mangroves... (: I wouldnt want to see one of them!

Took a private tour on our trip in May. Went up the Belize River and spotted a croc sunning himself on a tree. I think the water there was either brackish or fresh, and he was in the mangroves.

2655916360064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2942233920064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Minutes later the ladies needed a bathroom break.....yikes....gotta do what you gotta do! No bathroom for miles, so we jumped in!

2335097090064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Ladybug ... another question for you ... how was the boat ride to and from your destinations - are you on the boat long enough to worry about getting sick?

Hi there, the boat ride was maybe 10 minutes to Bannister island. We did not see anyone getting seasick. If anyone in your group gets seasick easily, then I would recommend sitting in the open air areas, NOT inside the cabin area. You are however, in the boat longer on the way back because you are looking for manatees with sometimes the boat engine off. I hope this helps. Any other questions, please let me know.

Hi there, the boat ride was maybe 10 minutes to Bannister island. We did not see anyone getting seasick. If anyone in your group gets seasick easily, then I would recommend sitting in the open air areas, NOT inside the cabin area. You are however, in the boat longer on the way back because you are looking for manatees with sometimes the boat engine off. I hope this helps. Any other questions, please let me know.

Great ... thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hi Steph, we just got back from our cruise and went on this tour. It was the highlight of our trip! Bannister Island was postcard beautiful! We wished we could have stayed on Bannister Island longer. My kids and husband really enjoyed the snorkeling. They saw tons of fish, an octopus, and stingray. I would suggest applying sunscreen every hour. I'm normally okay every 3 to 4 hours of reapplying, but I got a very bad burn. We will go back again someday. The manatee watch was just okay; I could have preferred to just stayed on Bannister island a little longer and I really wanted to see the manatees (we saw 2). Any other questions, let me know.

Hi Blueladybug

What were the lunch options like on the island and were they expensive? We are booked for this same excursion in September and I can't find any information on what type of food is available and at what cost.

• 3 months later...

We did this tour on October 23rd. We had a really good time and would do it again. They had just had 1 1/2 weeks of rain and the water wasn't quite as clear as my last visit, but the guides are great and really helpful and attentive. Bannister island is a nice beach and they do have palm trees and some covered palapa's or huts that you could sit under for shade. There is also a large covered area where the bar is located.

Archived