Passport Question???

sheshe512004

We leave tomorrow on the Fantasy, can anyone tell me if we need to take passports into ports? If not needed I would rather leave in our cabin safe.

If this has been asked before I missed it...sorry.

Thanks,

We've only taken driver license photo ids into Port to get back on the ship and it hasn't been a problem so far.

I know some other people who make copies of their passport page with their picture on it and take those with them. I haven't heard of any problems doing this, but since I haven't done it myself I won't say for sure if this is okay.

I think it's a risk that you have to decide on, you don't need it in port unless something bad happens like missing the ship. Then you may need it to get to the next port of call or to even get back home. If you take it with you then you run the risk of it going missing. I know this doesn't help you much, sorry. For what it's worth, we have never taken ours into port with us. But, nothing ever bad has happened to us either.

Good luck and have a great vacation.:)

We leave tomorrow on the Fantasy, can anyone tell me if we need to take passports into ports? If not needed I would rather leave in our cabin safe.

Thanks,

Some people will tell you to take them, others will say don't take them. While carnival doesn't do this some of the other upscale lines take your passports when you board the ship and return them as you leave. this tells me there is not need to take them with you.

All I can tell you is that I don't take mine.

Thanks,

I was told that if something happened and we did not get back to the ship on time and it left we would need our Passports to get to the next Port. What if you became ill and had to go tot he hospital, you would need your Passport then. It is a risk I would not be willing to take. I purchased a lanyard that had a pouch attached to it where I could put my Passport in it, S&S card and a Credit Card. It has a zipper in the back. I got it at Macy's in the luggage department.

The last cruise we took, I left my driver's license at home! (on accident). I had a copy of my passport in my carryon and used it the whole trip with no questions. That and the ship ID is what I used at every port. Hope this helps. My TA suggested this when I called from the airport after I realized that I didn't have my driver's license.

Donna

Thanks,

We never take out passports off the ship, only an ID and the Sail & Sign card will do. If you plan on missing the ship, thats a different story.

Fred

If you have to get back to the U.S. in a hurry, which is the point of having a passport in the first place, having one and carrying it with you when travelling internationally will greatly expedite that process..

We never take out passports off the ship, only an ID and the Sail & Sign card will do. If you plan on missing the ship, thats a different story.

Fred

:cool: I don't think anyone PLANS on missing the ship but things happen. I can't understand why people go through the time and expense of getting a passport not to use it. You just have to be careful with it as you would your money, credit cards, kids etc.:cool:

Archived