From Limassol ~ Curium & the Kolossi Castle

HI

I was wondering if any one knew roughly how much a taxi would cost to these two sites? or from Limassol harbour to The Kolossi, then from The Kolossi to curium, Then from Curium back to Limassol harbour.

I know the Kolossi is 6miles west of limassol and Curium is 12.5miles west of limassol.

We will be on Ocean village and they are charging £34 ($67.48 /Euro43.21) per adult and £17 per child ($33.74/Euro21.60) and I was hoping it would be significantly cheaper for 2 adults and 2 children to do this on there own!

Also any info on entrance fees to both places would be highly welcomed

Many thanks

Shelley

Just to give you an idea...our friends hired a minivan tour when they walked off the ship for our stay--we were in port from 8-2 and it was 109 euros for the seven of them. A private taxi for four to Pathos and back is 80euros (I think).

When you get off the ship and go through the arrivals terminal on the far right hand side is a very large tourism office--very good and helpful.

My advice would be to be the first off the ship--and head for the TI office, they will help you with arrangements and let you know the best and most ecomonical options. There are "shared" public mini buses that are very cheap.

Here is a tour guide that we just used in late Nov. for our day in Cyprus. We were picked up at the port (Limassol), stopped at Aphrodite's Rock; Underground Tombs of the Kings (fascinating) in Paphos; visited Paphos Harbor (good place to sit along the harbor and eat lunch); then to see the archeological park and visit the House of Dionysos (amazing mosaics here); stopped at St. Paul's Pillar, the place where St. Paul was punished. Also stopped at ancient city of Kourion and visited the Greco-Roman theatre built in the 2nd century BC. Absolutely stunning mosaics here also. The views from the top of the theatre are wonderful.

We had a wonderful day with Egon Witte as our guide. I had a large group of 20 sign up on CC so the travel agency I booked with provided us w/ a large and comfortable bus. It is a long drive out to Paphos (1-1 1/2 hr.) so we enjoyed the comfort of the bus.

I booked this tour through Panicos Mouzourides at Dionysos Travel and requested Egon Witte be our tour guide. I read many positive things about Egon.

Here is the travel agency website: http://www.dionysostravel.eu

email: p.mouzourides@dionysostravel.eu or dionysos@leoscy.com

Egon's email: egonwitte@cytanet.com.cy

website: zypernfuehrer.com or http://www.cyprustourguide.com

Panicos coordinates larger groups because he can provide the minibusses and larger busses for tours. Egon also works independently if you only have a few in your group.

We have a wonderful day in Cyprus.

Mary

Sorry but the websites for Egon Witte are incorrect. I just tried to access the ones I listed and am unable to. I got them off a business card he gave me in December.

http://www.rhodesprivatetours.com/cyprus_private_shoreexcursions.htm

The above website has Egon's email on it but it is the one that I have listed in my first posting: egonwitte@cytanet.com.cy

http://www.cytouristguides.com

Mary

Hi- I can second the tour we had with Egon Witte-he really knew his history and was very pleasant. Mary(cruisingmimi) did all the work and she put together a wonderful tour of Cyprus.

Hey Mary-hello from Shelly!!!:D Fancy meeting you on CC!!!

Hey Shelly,

Whatcha doing on this thread! LOL I thought I'd put my two cents worth in because Cyprus was a very difficult place for planning a tour when I was doing my research. I thought it might be helpful for me to post what I knew! Egon was very interesting! He is German but married a Cypriot girl and now lives in Cyprus so speaks fluent German also!

Mary

Mary

Archived