Eastern Caribbien Imagination 5 Days 4/21 Sailing

BcIcemen

Embarkation:

The new terminal in Miami is state of the art. The check in process was smooth and efficient. We were on the ship in about 30 minute’s time. The actual time to check in was about five minutes; we just arrived at port early in anticipation of a fabulous week on The Fun Ship Imagination.

Cabins:

The refurbished cabins are very nice. The bathrooms have plenty of room in them and the new showers have plenty of room. The flat screen TV’s are a nice addition.

Dining:

We had no problems and enjoyed the food, both on the Lido Deck and in the Pride Dining Room.The Deli and Rotisserie were a nice addition.

Formal Night and The Captains Cocktail Party is an event that should not lose its luster. If people do not want to dress formally than for one evening they should eat on the Lido deck. I feel that getting dressed up is a nice gesture and the dress code should be enforced in the dining rooms not on just formal night but on all dinner seating.

The Past Guest Party is a fantastic idea and done with class. The documentary about Carnival is very informative. It is a lot of fun to see how many of the past guest have been on the same ships that you have previously sailed on with the round of applause as the pictures of the ships appear on the screen.

Used room service one time and the service was fast and the food was fresh.

Entertainment:

Went to all the nightly shows (10:30pm) in the Dynasty Lounge and all were of excellent quality. We also attended both adult comedy shows. The Hank McGauley show was very good and not too distasteful. The comedy of show of Lewis Nixon left a lot to be desired.

Jorge (or George before 5) Sorlano is the best CD that we have had on any of the Carnival Cruises that we have been on. He was funny and was not making a lot of announcements as has been the case with one other cruise director that we have cruised with.

Ports of Call:

Grand Turk:

Nice Island with a lot of potential. We did the Bus Loop Tour and found it to be very enjoyable and informative. The dock area was clean and very organized. Any excursions that were meeting on the dock were very easy to find.

Half Moon Cay:

Excellent!! Not much more can be said. The nicest beach we have ever been to. Words or pictures do not do this Island justice.

Nassau:

A shopper’s delight. Congested area around the pier with plenty of shopping and eateries. We took the water taxi over to Paradise Island which was very reasonable for $6.00 round trip per person. We did the glass bottom boat and I was disappointed with that excursion. It was not what I expected. I thought we would be able to see more marine life than we did

Debarkation

We did self assist and we were off the ship and through customs in about twenty minutes. We were at the Miami Airport had our bags checked for our flight by 10:00am.

We have done Self Debarkation on all three of the cruises that we have been on and it seems to get smoother each time

Overview of the entire Carnival experience:

Absolutely fabulous!!! Once again the staff and crew went above and beyond our expectations. We love cruising on Carnival and will return once again.

Countdown at 6 days and I'm beside myself with anticipation! I'm still wavering on doing a Carnival excursion in Grand Turk (Ultimate Snorkel) or renting a golf cart and going on our own. It's just my daughter and myself and I'm not too sure about setting off on our own.

Archived