Special Rates During Month of May (Military)

chandom

We have friends that would like to go with us on our Freedom cruise in early December and so we thought that we would get them a cabin at the military rate but the only military rate offered is on inside rooms now for that date. Glad we booked when we did because the price has almost doubled for what we paid for our aft balcony.

Did anyone have any luck today booking a cruise? I am waiting for the PVP to call me back. I have called several times this AM but only get a voice mail. Funny as she told me to call her this AM after 9:30 Est. Nothing like waiting waiting waiting.....LOL

Is there a code that we could book this on line by ourself?? Never used this promotion before so not sure how it all works

Hi Everyone

I booked a cruise for next year - took advantage of the military rate for family and friends for 3 cabins. It was a great price.

If Carnival comes up with a one day sale offering category upgrades, can I take advantage of that too? Or, is it just one promotion for a booking?

I am just trying to get the most for my money!!!

Thanks for your help.

Hi Everyone

I booked a cruise for next year - took advantage of the military rate for family and friends for 3 cabins. It was a great price.

If Carnival comes up with a one day sale offering category upgrades, can I take advantage of that too? Or, is it just one promotion for a booking?

I am just trying to get the most for my money!!!

Thanks for your help.

The one day sales specifically say for new bookings only. I have never had any luck using them on an existing booking.

Just an FYI for those trying to get the F/F military rate on an existing booking: Don't be surprised if you get told that you can't. My PVP said no so I called back again and talked to someone else who said it should be OK but they needed to verify with a supervisor. They said to call today when a supervisor would be available (I called at 2am).

I'm on hold again with Carnival about it. The promo says nothing about new bookings only so I'm "fighting" with them about it.

ETA - I'm off the phone and I got the discount. If someone tells you no, call back and talk to someone else.

I called my pvp and he didn't know what I was talking about. He asked me to e-mail it to him which I can't seem to do.:confused: He also told me that I needed to bear in mind that these specials were typically for the bunk rooms and those aren't even as good as an interior room. Maybe this wouldn't really be a good deal afterall???

It amazes me how uninformed carnival reps are. It's silly to hear that they have no information on a promotion that THEY are promoting. This is just silly and SOOOOOO frustrating! Obviously we are still waiting on a return call from our Rep! LOL

Thanks for reading my little rant!! :rolleyes:

I finally got mine booked. While it did not save my husband and I any money it DID save our friends who are going with us $112. That could be a lot of frufru drinks ;-)

We had a sub. PVP and once we got connected it went smoothly. :-)

I called my pvp and he didn't know what I was talking about. He asked me to e-mail it to him which I can't seem to do.:confused: He also told me that I needed to bear in mind that these specials were typically for the bunk rooms and those aren't even as good as an interior room. Maybe this wouldn't really be a good deal afterall???

I'm not sure he was right we got in on this last year on the Legend and all got Verandah balconies:rolleyes: Used my military rate and filled two other cabins!

Archived